Thursday, December 9, 2010

The perfect storm....

Yesterday, T and I needed a do-over for sure for our day.  It was just one of those days.   Nothing seemed to go quite right or as planned.  It started off with both of us rushing to get to work - me trying to run to the office quickly to pick up the file I forgot and completely needed for an 8:30 termination trial and T to get to work in time to do some needed testing at work.  I managed to get there on time, though I can't really speak for T.  He does have a longer drive, after all...

At the start of the week, I had made a nice little list of meals for the week, and I knew that Wednesday we would need a crock pot meal since I had my personal trainer after work and T had guitar lessons to get to in the evening.  So we decided to make hamburger soup (a recipe I will share when I'm not so jaded, of course).  T, being the sweetheart he is, got everything ready in the crock pot this morning, and when I got in the kitchen for breakfast, he told me that he would turn it on before he left.  Famous last words.

I rush out the door, computer, purse, lunchbox and coffee in hand, and I don't turn the thing on.  I don't even think about it.  T must have done the same.  I didn't even think twice about our dinner until after I had settled my trial and was on my way out of court when I sent him a text "did you turn on the crock pot?"  Nope, neither of us did.  So that meant a pound of raw hamburger, tomato soup and onion soup mix was just sitting all day in our house.  Lovely.

I get home to change for my appointment, and as soon as I open the door, I smell it.  The smell of death.  Seriously, if they made ass-scented Yankee candles it would smell like that crock pot.  So, I decided to put the contents of said crock pot into the garbage disposal.  It was raw meat, I should have known better but....

Everything went down the drain fine.  But when I met T at a Mexican restaurant after working out, the first words he says to me as I exit the gym are "did you put the meat down the disposal?"  Yep, the sink was clogged.  Again.  A week and a half after we had Roto Rooter out to our home and we had to call them.  Again.  More money to fix a part of a house that isn't even ours. 

Thinking back, I still don't know what I would have done differently.  I mean, it was trash day today so what was I supposed to do?  Put it in the trash?  Or flush it down the toilet?  I couldn't very well let it sit in our garage, lest we forget that we live in the freaking wild animal kingdom here. 

The Roto Rooter guy got there around 7:00 p.m. and stayed until well around 8:30 p.m.  T missed his guitar lesson.  Not the way we wanted to spend our evening, I will admit.

Lesson learned, folks.  Don't put a bunch of raw meat down your disposal.  Or, as we will be doing from now on, don't put a damn thing down the disposal.  Ever. 

At least it's Thursday....


 
 



6 comments:

  1. Awww. I'm sorry you had such a bad day!!
    Hope you have a great Friday and weekend! At least!
    You didn't delete your comment on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I bet that was nice and ripe by the time you got home.. Lemons and lots of them down your disposal should help

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are due for an amazingly awesome day today to make up for the skanktastic one yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oy - not a good day, for sure! I agree with the lemons, especially the peels - great for stinky drains! It's almost the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no...this is horrible! I better be careful because I put TONS of stuff down the disposal...thanks for the lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is terrible, I also think today will be a much better day! Our garbage disposal is more for looks then any real purpose. We need a new one for sure. If it makes you feel any better I wouldn't of thought that would clog it up either.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!