Friday, April 26, 2013

Apple, tree, you, and me

Second Blooming
 
This week's Spin Cycle brought to you by Gretchen at  Second Blooming is all about apples and trees. And how apples don't fall too far from trees.  Or maybe they do.  Anyway, so I don't know...I'm not sure you can say my apple falls closely to my family tree because there aren't any big traits of my family I have picked up.  I look a lot like my mom, and I do have my dad's sense of humor and gigantic head size (physically, not figuratively), and like my mom, when I am really stressed, I clean.  I clean the hell out of things like a mad woman.  It's a stress-reliever for me, but it's effective. 
 
 
Anyway, with our kiddo, I think the apple falls equally from both trees.  Looks?  She's her Daddy, I can't deny that:
 
 

 
Like daughter, like daddy.  But she does have certain traits of mine.  She sleeps with her hand near her face (something that she has done since being in the womb and something I probably have done since that myself.  She's a little stubborn like her Mommy (she gets that from her Daddy, too).  She's inquisitive like her Daddy, has to examine everything, look it over and really figure it out.  Who knows?  Maybe she'll be an engineer.  She does little things like I did as a kid, though.  She loves her miniatures, constantly playing with her little Sesame Street characters, moving them from one point in the room to another, taking them separately.  It's hilarious.  Every day she does the same thing, and she always puts them in the same spot in the living room.  Oddly enough I used to do something very similar when I was a little kiddo.
 
 
But really....there is this:
 
 

 
 
They are two peas in a pod, aren't they?  So what other apples don't fall far from their trees?  Stop by Gretchen's and check it out!  And happy weekend!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Too cute! And I bet she starts to look more like you as time goes by.

    You are linked!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!