Thursday, April 11, 2013

You're the inspiration

Second Blooming
 
This week's Spin Cycle, brought to you by Gretchen at Second Blooming is on inspiration.  Immediately, I thought of this:
 
 
 
Now that I have that song playing in your mind (and it's a good song, you know), there are several things that inspire me.  Several things, people, places, etc.  And as of lately, I really feel like I have been reaching out more to these, and this list is not in any particular order, specifically in level of importance.  You're just getting my stream of consciousness here.
 
 
I get inspiration from T.  I see him pursue his dreams and work so hard at what he does, in everything he does.  He inspires me to improve myself, to push myself, to pursue my own dreams.  Cheesy reference aside, but he truly is, like Peter Cetera says, my inspiration.
 
 
Aubrey inspires me every day.   When I was running the 15k last weekend, and I was struggling to keep going, I thought of her.  I do everything in this world for her, and I want to make myself a better person because of her.  I want to be an inspiration for her some day, a role model of what she wants to be when she grows up. 
 
 
Music - sometimes all you need is a good song to get you going.  It really depends on the day and what kind of inspiration I need.  You should see my list of Pandora stations or the music I have on my iPod for running.  These days, I find myself pulled towards songs with deeper meanings like this:
 

 
 
I read to be inspired.  I find myself inspired by other bloggers out there, those who make me laugh, those with whom I can relate, those who so sincerely and openly share their heart and life with the world. 


And more importantly, I am inspired by prayer, by God.  I go to church to be inspired.  I pray.  I journal.  I take time to go to my church's Adoration Chapel and just be.  I have found myself doing this so much more lately, and honestly, the difference in my heart is noticeable.   I find myself seeking inspiration, seeking to learn, seeking to change. 


It matters not how you find inspiration.  All that matters is that something inspires you.   So what does inspire you?  Find out what others have to share at Gretchen's, and join in on the spin fun and share your inspiration.  And go ahead, scroll back up there and replay that Chicago video.  You know you want to.  I won't judge.  Hell, I'm going to make it easy for you.  Here it is again:

 
Sing it with me "You bring meaning to my life, you're the inspiration...when you love somebody (till the end of time), when you love somebody (always on my mind - no one needs you more than I).  Okay, okay, I'll stop now... 
 

2 comments:

  1. I admit it, I like that song. But those 80's outfits are hysterical. I am inspired by YOU for running that 15K!

    You are linked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that song brings back so many memories! Music is a great inspiration! I'm always inspired when I go to church, too, and music is always part of worship!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!