Friday, April 18, 2014

Progress

Over the course of the past year, T and I have had quite a few downs about money, with the Mary Kay debt and that whole drama behind that.  It's one of the reasons why I started freelancing as much as I did, working hard to pay for extra things we could not afford because of it and also making some extra money to throw towards the debt I incurred because of that whole mistake.  Well, I'm proud to report that just last week we paid off one half of that debt, closing the Mary Kay credit card that I used to purchase inventory.  We still have more to pay off, but calling that credit card company and cancelling the card was one of the most liberating feelings.  And I did it (with T's help, of course, because he's the financial genius here) but each month I would bring in extra money so that we could do that.  And we are almost there.  By early next year it will all be gone.  And that is one hell of a feeling.  

While I have had to back off some of the writing because my new job is a lot more demanding and I'm starting my studies officially to pass the U.S. Customs Broker Exam for this job, I'm still keeping up with my writing with ModVive, as well as a couple other publications that pay enough to make it worthwhile.  Now in a perfect world, I'd still want to write full time.  Oh if only I could make enough money for that.  Sadly, that's a pipe dream but I can dream, right?

I have been busy writing, and if you hadn't caught it there was this - you know, that whole thing about PeeWee Herman picking up one of my ModVive stories and posting it on his Facebook and Twitter feed this week?  I have gone viral!

I also write a story about a teacher who put out a "hit" on one of her problem students, getting older students to beat him up.

And most recently about an attorney who was kept out of a courtroom and could not represent his client because he was wearing shorts.

Going a little off my norm, I've recently been published in the National Association of Mutual Insurance Company's IN magazine, writing a story about the importance of mentoring.

The beauty of all of this is I get to do something I love to take care of something that has weighed me down and my family down for so long.  And it oddly enough costs nothing to do.  I love writing and I love the fact that I am able to make life a little easier for my family and make up for past mistakes.  And I have every intention of continuing even after that last bill is paid!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!