Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Sunday, December 15, 2013
But I think the first thing is to acknowledge it. Having been thrown for a loop, the rug pulled from underneath me, I'm in a dark place, a hole if you will, but there is only way to go. And that is up, and it's a good thing I have loving hands reaching out to help pull me up.
(FYI - I love you, T. Thank you for everything you are and do.)
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
“How attractive, fat and stretch marks, cover that up, I just ate.”
“Sorry, I don’t like it. I don’t think it’s attractive or appropriate.”
“There is clearly a fat epidemic that there never used to be. It’s from lack of exercise except when lifting hand to mouth. Stop being PC and just say it how it is… no excuses.”
“Sorry but if your (sic) overweight you don’t have curves. That’s just excess fat hanging of your body.”
“Embracing Big Macs more like it.”
Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Monday, December 9, 2013
Thursday, December 5, 2013
The thing that hurts even more is when the daycare calls to tell me she is upset, and I hear her in the background. I went and got her on Tuesday, but I can't keep that up. All that will do is teach her that if she cries, Mommy will come get her, right?
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
Monday, December 2, 2013
And then my jam Ol' Dirty Bastard "Got your money" came on....and that made me even more excited, or perhaps I was just experiencing lack of oxygen at this point.
But I felt like I could relate to Ol' Dirty Bastard. I mean, every time I get paid for writing I sing this song to T. I'm such a G....
We headed back to my parent's house for merriment and cheer. And like any good family holiday, that involves beverages. Port in one hand, Merlot in the other.
Tired but relaxing and having a good time. I joked that we never get pictures taken together anymore. That's what happens when you stop dating, right?
Aubrey had a ton of fun with my family, especially her cousins...
Trying to walk in Papaw's shoes...
The next day T and I decorated after Aubrey went to bed. I must say decorating when you have a 2-year-old is tough with the "will she break this?" or "will she be able to reach this?" with everything. She was so excited to see the tree the next morning. Mommy took the opportunity to take a few pictures for Christmas cards. Here are some sneak peaks....
Well, this one isn't a Christmas card one...but I wanted to take a picture with my girl.
Isn't she the cutest little Santa ever?
Saturday, November 30, 2013
Friday, November 29, 2013
Thursday, November 28, 2013
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
- I am thankful for coffee. For without it, there is no way in hell I could get through my morning.
- I am thankful for wine because of its delicious goodness, and you know, it's pretty darn nice at the end of a rough day.
- I am thankful for the little giggles I get from my daughter when I pretend to "nibble her piggies."
- I am thankful for little encouraging text messages I get from T throughout the day, just to let me know he's thinking about me.
- I'm thankful for the opportunities I have to write, especially in mediums like ModVive where I get to not only talk about current events but give insights with my thoughts on the subject. I don't get to do that often in the legal world.
- I am thankful for Alabama football. Roll. Tide.
- I am thankful for my Keurig. Because some mornings I am just too damn lazy to brew coffee myself. (I'm spoiled, I know.)
- I am thankful for my favorite show (still on the air) Dancing with the Stars.
- I'm thankful for my husband for putting up with the 12 weeks of me watching it every Monday.
- I'm thankful for my church and the friends I have met there.
- I am thankful for all of my friends - old and new. Each of them teach me something every single day. I am so blessed.
- I'm thankful for the wonderful friends we have who help us out when we need it and who watch our little girl for us when we need a time out.
- I'm thankful for my job and for all of the opportunities it has brought and for the ability to help others.
- I am thankful for family. I'm thankful we are both blessed to have loving and welcoming families to share the holidays with.
- Thankful, of course, for the delicious food that will be shared on Thanksgiving. Oh gluttony.
- I am thankful I figured out how to do my daughter's hair because she looks too cute with the little pigtails. Love them.
- I am thankful for T's cooking - he made us chicken parmesan this last weekend and of course, I love his honey chicken stir fry. I love that he gets excited to cook a fun meal for me.
- I am thankful for those friends I can vent to no matter what time of the day and no matter how stupid my venting may be. (I'm looking at you L to the YN!)
- I am thankful for the fact that no matter what we may have gone through, especially this year with the whole Mary Kay thing, T sticks by me no matter what and says "let's figure this out, we can do this." Even when I might not think that we can.
- I am thankful for the opportunity I had to travel to Ireland for our honeymoon. It was my dream, and just being there, was absolutely amazing.
- I am thankful for the upcoming Christmas season. I love everything about it, and I'm so excited to share it with T and my daughter.
- I am thankful for all of my nieces and nephews - I get to spend time with four of the five of them soon, and I cannot wait to snuggle with my baby niece after Christmas.
- I am thankful to have my husband back on the weekends now that it is chilly and he does not have to mow the yard anymore. Yay!
- I am thankful for laughter. No matter how stressful things may seem, I can turn on something funny on TV and just for a moment, break free from the stress.
- I'm thankful for so much more..things I cannot remember or write down. And did I mention I was thankful for the the upcoming long weekend? Oh yeah, because I am. Just saying.
There is a lot, I know, and by no means is that list exhaustive or in any order. I am blessed.
Tuesday, November 26, 2013
Monday, November 25, 2013
Sunday, November 24, 2013
Saturday, November 23, 2013
Friday, November 22, 2013
Thursday, November 21, 2013
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Monday, November 18, 2013
Sunday, November 17, 2013
I do love me some fall beer, and with the season coming to a close, I must take advantage of it as much as I can. We did just that last weekend where I got to take a drink from this sweet nectar of the Gods. No wait, that's Guinness. But this stuff is very good. So it's Sunday, and I'm not really big on words but today I am thankful for the fall brews. Let us not forget.....
I am thankful for my fall brews. They only come once a year, and pair that with a chilly day and football on the television, and you have one happy Nain. So cheers to the weekend and delicious brews!