Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Bucket list

I recently made a fellow writer friend who has gone through a bit of difficulty with her health this past year.  She has come out of it a survivor, which is totally awesome, but something she shared with me really stuck with me.  We were both going to be running in the Drumstick Dash on Thanksgiving, and she mentioned that doing a marathon was on her "bucket list."  While she was sick, she made a bucket list of everything she wanted to do before leaving this earth.  The scary thing is that was an actual possibility for her, so I could only imagine how she felt when creating it.  However, now that she is well, she is sticking to this list and seeing it through.  Life is too short, and she intends to live it to the fullest and not live in regret in "oh I should have done that."   How inspirational is that?  She shared some of her experiences, including a hot air balloon ride over the desert and trip to Europe.  

That left me thinking....if I were to create a bucket list, what would be on it?  Would I actually stick to it and see it through?  I brought that up with T on our date this past weekend and was surprised some of the things he had on his bucket list.  Some of them were things I never would have pegged him for, but I want to see him accomplish them because like what happened to this lady, life is too short, right?  

So I'm going to sit down and put it together and put it somewhere like our safe box.  And I'm going to do it.  It might take awhile, but like I said in my post yesterday with needing to create and treasure memories, I don't want to live my life in regret and hesitation.  Life is too short to not do those things you've always wanted to do.  

One of the things that at the top of this list?  Writing a book.  Stay tuned for more on that....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!