Monday, December 2, 2013

Gobble gobble!

I'm totally not okay with the fact that the long weekend is over.  Just in case you were wondering, I feel I should tell you all this.  But at least Christmas is like three weeks away so I guess I'll take solace in that.  Anyway, we had a pretty decent Thanksgiving. In good Nain and T style, we started it off like a bunch of crazy people at the ass-crack of dawn running in 20 degree weather.  We spent the night at my parent's house the night before so we could leave Aubrey with them and not subject her to our insanity.  The race was through Broadripple, and it was a 4.65 mile run (I am sure there's some significance to that number...), and I'm pretty proud.  I did 4.65 miles in 54:54:6.  That is an 11:48 pace which is an all-time best for me.  I was exhausted but still on my runner's high.....


And then my jam Ol' Dirty Bastard "Got your money" came on....and that made me even more excited, or perhaps I was just experiencing lack of oxygen at this point.


But I felt like I could relate to Ol' Dirty Bastard.  I mean, every time I get paid for writing I sing this song to T.  I'm such a G....


We headed back to my parent's house for merriment and cheer.  And like any good family holiday, that involves beverages.  Port in one hand, Merlot in the other.


Tired but relaxing and having a good time.  I joked that we never get pictures taken together anymore.  That's what happens when you stop dating, right?


Aubrey had a ton of fun with my family, especially her cousins...


Trying to walk in Papaw's shoes...

Mommy's little turkey....


The next day T and I decorated after Aubrey went to bed.  I must say decorating when you have a 2-year-old is tough with the "will she break this?" or "will she be able to reach this?" with everything.  She was so excited to see the tree the next morning.  Mommy took the opportunity to take a few pictures for Christmas cards.  Here are some sneak peaks....


Well, this one isn't a Christmas card one...but I wanted to take a picture with my girl.


Isn't she the cutest little Santa ever?


Alabama v. Auburn game tragedy aside, it was a pretty good holiday.  I look forward to another one, because did I mention how not happy I am to have to get back to the norm?  



1 comment:

  1. Tragedy, my butt, that was a miracle! Saban doesn't go half-assed when he messes one up!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!