Tuesday, November 19, 2013

For those small moments

Sometimes you get so focused on the big things, the big stressors in life that you miss those little moments.  Those little moments in your day that just make you smile.  That's what I'm thankful for today.

I'm thankful for the random text from T that tells me that I'm his best buddy in the whole wide world.

I'm thankful when I watch T and Aubrey playing on the floor.

I'm thankful for the smile I get when we share an inside joke.

I'm thankful for the huge smile I get when Aubrey sees me at the door if T drives separately and I work from home.  She gets so excited.  I just love it.  And as soon as he opens the door, she has to immediately jump into my arms.  

Whenever Aubrey walks to and from somewhere she sings the song they sing in daycare to the tune of frere shaka that goes "We are walking, we are walking, to the car, to the car..." (Or insert your destination here.)  Well, she comes up to me the other day going "We are walking, we are walking, to the Mommy, to the Mommy!" and gave me a huge hug.  It warmed my heart.

We split up going to the church this weekend, and T went Saturday night.  So I had to start putting Aubrey to bed, giving her a bath and drawing things out as long as humanly possible for T to come home.  Just as we were starting our first book, the garage door opened, and she jumped off the rocking chair to wait at the gate at the staircase flipping out with excitement.  It was hilarious.  Again, heart warmed.  

Every kiss.  Every smile.  Every laugh.  I stop and take a mental picture and thank God for my blessings.



1 comment:

  1. OK, that "we are walking" song to mommy? Freaking adorable! I die!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!