Friday, November 8, 2013

Thankful for opportunities

It's Friday, it's Friday!  It's all fun on Friday! Fun, fun, fun, fun! (That's the Rebecca Black song, right?)

Anyway, I am thankful that it's the end of the week....I mean, who isn't?  But that's not my "thankful" thing for the day.  Because I'm thankful of this every weekend.  

Today I'm thankful for opportunities.  I have been blessed lately with opportunities that have opened doors for me for new adventures and a little extra for my family.   I thank Leah at Single Infertile Female with referring me to Modvive.com, because I immensely enjoy writing for them.  Writing for The Examiner has led me to being able to write for Care.com.  Just yesterday my very first story with our local magazine, Center Grove Community Newsletter, was published.  Totally stoked and totally going to find extra copies of this.  And I have others coming up for me, and I couldn't feel more blessed.  

The thing is, these writing opportunities have also been able to let me pay for things for my family.  With the stress brought on by the Mary Kay debt problem, we have had to make sacrifices.  But this writing income has allowed me to purchase tickets for T and I to attend the Transiberian Orchestra concert that comes every year that he loves (2nd row seats, baby!) and more importantly, this money will pay for everything for Christmas.  All presents.  It's funny because I used to say "Oh Mary Kay will pay for my Christmas..." when in fact, no, that made things worse.  But this actually is.  And I'm pretty damn proud of that.

Anyway, I feel incredibly blessed for opportunities - the ones I have now and those to come.  And to share a little of that with you...here's what I've been writing lately!

ModVive:
Be careful when driving in New Mexico
A brave teen fighting back against her bullies
Should it Matter?  How sexual orientation plays into politics

Examiner
National Adoption Month raises awareness of children stuck in foster care
Indiana Court of Appeals rules in favor of same-sex partner for visitation with child
Here's a good way to punish your teens for underage drinking

Care.com
Teaching children about other holidays
8 Tips for teaching your children to be thankful



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!