Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Random thankfulness

Last work day of the week!  What, what?  I'm super glad we have a long weekend coming up.  I think we can all use it for sure.  We're starting it off with a bang, too, with T and I doing a race in the morning...running 4.6 miles in the Drumstick Dash.  Then we can eat guilt free for the rest of the day, right?  

I thought today, in honor of the fact that it's Wednesday and tomorrow starts a holiday weekend, I do the thankful thing random.  Because, really, it sometimes are the little things in life that make you most thankful, right?  The big things matter, too, don't get me wrong, but that's what tomorrow's post is for!

  1. I am thankful for coffee.  For without it, there is no way in hell I could get through my morning.
  2. I am thankful for wine because of its delicious goodness, and you know, it's pretty darn nice at the end of a rough day.
  3. I am thankful for the little giggles I get from my daughter when I pretend to "nibble her piggies."
  4. I am thankful for little encouraging text messages I get from T throughout the day, just to let me know he's thinking about me.
  5. I'm thankful for the opportunities I have to write, especially in mediums like ModVive where I get to not only talk about current events but give insights with my thoughts on the subject.  I don't get to do that often in the legal world.  
  6. I am thankful for Alabama football.  Roll. Tide.
  7. I am thankful for my Keurig.  Because some mornings I am just too damn lazy to brew coffee myself.  (I'm spoiled, I know.)
  8. I am thankful for my favorite show (still on the air) Dancing with the Stars.
  9. I'm thankful for my husband for putting up with the 12 weeks of me watching it every Monday.
  10. I'm thankful for my church and the friends I have met there.
  11. I am thankful for all of my friends - old and new.  Each of them teach me something every single day.  I am so blessed.
  12. I'm thankful for the wonderful friends we have who help us out when we need it and who watch our little girl for us when we need a time out.
  13. I'm thankful for my job and for all of the opportunities it has brought and for the ability to help others.
  14. I am thankful for family.  I'm thankful we are both blessed to have loving and welcoming families to share the holidays with.
  15. Thankful, of course, for the delicious food that will be shared on Thanksgiving.  Oh gluttony.
  16. I am thankful I figured out how to do my daughter's hair because she looks too cute with the little pigtails.  Love them.
  17. I am thankful for T's cooking - he made us chicken parmesan this last weekend and of course, I love his honey chicken stir fry.  I love that he gets excited to cook a fun meal for me.
  18. I am thankful for those friends I can vent to no matter what time of the day and no matter how stupid my venting may be.  (I'm looking at you L to the YN!)
  19. I am thankful for the fact that no matter what we may have gone through, especially this year with the whole Mary Kay thing, T sticks by me no matter what and says "let's figure this out, we can do this."  Even when I might not think that we can.
  20. I am thankful for the opportunity I had to travel to Ireland for our honeymoon.  It was my dream, and just being there, was absolutely amazing. 
  21. I am thankful for the upcoming Christmas season.  I love everything about it, and I'm so excited to share it with T and my daughter.
  22. I am thankful for all of my nieces and nephews - I get to spend time with four of the five of them soon, and I cannot wait to snuggle with my baby niece after Christmas.
  23. I am thankful to have my husband back on the weekends now that it is chilly and he does not have to mow the yard anymore.  Yay!
  24. I am thankful for laughter.  No matter how stressful things may seem, I can turn on something funny on TV and just for a moment, break free from the stress.
  25. I'm thankful for so much more..things I cannot remember or write down.  And did I mention I was thankful for the the upcoming long weekend?  Oh yeah, because I am.  Just saying.
There is a lot, I know, and by no means is that list exhaustive or in any order.  I am blessed.


1 comment:

  1. Why do # 1 and 2 not deserve their own post day?! Have you gone ill?? And thank you for number #18! LtotheYN be rockin it.....as she sits in McDonalds, networking on the phone, making the kids' placemats for tomorrow, and listening to a gluten free show that is on the McD's TV....Ron Burgundy?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!