Monday, November 25, 2013

Thankful for short work weeks!

So....yeah....that whole date night thing?  Didn't happen.  Unfortunately our babysitter had to cancel with a case of the stomach flu, which I was 100% okay with...don't need any of that around here yet!  And while we have rescheduled for next Saturday, we were still kind of bummed.  We ended up taking the little one to church, which is always an adventure, cooking dinner at home and chatting over wine and a fire.  It wasn't an out on the town date, but minus the stress at church, we seemed to have made the best out of a crap situation.  Plus, T cooked, so I'm all about that!


It was freezing around here this weekend.  We tried to put up our Christmas lights outside, but T made the decision to not climb the huge ladder to the roof and just do the porch this year.  I think the 20 degree windchill and 30 mph winds played a factor in that.  And we were totally crazy and got up Sunday morning to go out and run a 5k in 20 degree temps again.  We bundled Aubrey up to the point that she looked like the little brother on The Christmas Story, and we managed to pull it off with a 35:10 time in 3 miles.  Not too shabby!  She did well for the most part.  She loves the new hat we got her, and she did okay once we started moving.  I think she takes after her Mommy way too much and can't stand being around too many people.


All in all, it was a pretty decent weekend, and hey, it's a short work week!  And that's my that's my saving grace this morning as we head off to work.  Sure, it's Monday but it's a 3 day work week, and likely a 2.5 day work week if I decide to close the office early on Wednesday.  (That's going to be a tough decision, after all.)  I am thankful for a four day weekend coming up, lots of time to rest, eat, be with family and of course, on Friday, decorate!  So cheers to a short work week!


What are you thankful for today?  Keep your fingers crossed that this week flies by with no bumps along the way!


3 comments:

  1. That's really cool that you all run together!! Love it! Still waiting for the t-shirt pic. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. See? That's what happens when you don't invite me! Only kidding, I promise I didn't put no pins in my voodoo babysitter doll...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bummer, but at least you were able to reschedule! My husband and I desperately need a date night. We just don't know where to fit it in! It has been freezing here, too, and my husband tried to clean the gutters this weekend. The bottoms were frozen, so he'll have to go back up there when we have a warmer spell!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!