Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Family is a treasure



So it's Tuesday, and you know what that means?  Small Treasure Tuesdays with Chantel!  I didn't get to share any treasures this week, but I do have many to share this week...and my treasure this week is family.



This last weekend we went up to Michigan for T's brother's wedding.  Weddings are the perfect occasion to get together with everyone, especially those relatives you don't get to see too often.  I'm lucky in that most of my extended family is within driving distance for me, though it is hard to get together every year and get the whole family under the same roof.  T has it much harder.  The majority of his extended family lives in the greater Boston, Massachusetts, area, so seeing them is a rare occasion.  We got to see them in 2009 for a graduation, last year for our wedding, and just last weekend for another wedding.  It was a busy and hectic weekend, but it was also so wonderful to see T's family, especially his grandparents and aunts and uncles who came in from Boston.  It was a short visit, but a great one nonetheless.


So this week I'm treasuring family - no matter how far away they may be.  What's your treasure?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!