Thursday, June 23, 2011

I like my smut! Don't judge!

My name is Nain.  And I like reading smut.  As part of my tradition when traveling, I always stock up on tabloid magazines before boarding the plane.  Us Weekly, In Touch Weekly, OK Magazine - you name it, I read it.  I need something light and airy as a distraction as I sit in what I otherwise consider to be a giant death machine catapulting through the air at an abnormally high speed.  (Did I mention that I don't like flying?)  Plus, it's the only time I can legitimately purchase these magazines.  I mean - I need something to do, right?  And I'm not about to read War and Peace in the two hours I have to waste between Boulder and Indianapolis.  No!  I'd rather read about Pippa Middleton's dating status or Lindsay Lohan's latest drug problems.  Oh, and Kim Kardashian's upcoming nuptials?  Sure, why not? 




However, I do have to kind of "hide" my reading material when I'm on the plane, especially depending on who I'm sitting near.  You'll get those people who actually do read something of literary value on the plane, reading the classics on their Kindle.  Or the people who are sitting there doing Sudoku puzzles, working their way to Mensa only within the span of a two hour flight.  You do get those little judgmental looks as you pause over a story about the current season of the Bachelorette.  (Sure, I don't watch the show, but I am interested in this Bentley fellow and how much of a douche he was....) 




But I don't care.  It's my tradition, and I like it!  And I can't wait to see what new gossip awaits me on the flight home on Friday. 




 
 

5 comments:

  1. I never break down and buy them but I LOVE reading all the headlines in the line at the grocery store & if I am in a doctors office I am sure to hide in the corner and read the trashiest one I can get my hands on :) Oh and I do watch the bachelorette and Bentley is a total douche but seriously that Ashley chick is just stupid. She was warned about the guy ahead of time and she fell for every player-ish thing he did! And then even after he bailed she couldn't let him go??! Clearly she has some issues, lets go for the slime ball over all the other nice guys...

    It's fun watching the train wreck though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I love going to my parent's just because I know that I'll find some of these magazines haha
    Okay I also love seeing them.
    But those magazines? They are a great asset!

    ReplyDelete
  3. * when I said "seeing them", I meant "my parents".
    Just wanted to explain that. Just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to flip through as well! MB is not a fan of me doing that but he is always impressed with my celebrity knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tend to think that trashy magazines make the best possible plane reading material too my friend! ;)

    And Bentley? Well... Bentley is a super douche!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!