Friday, May 20, 2011

Formal dinners

This is another one of my favorite rooms.  T and I make a point to have one formal dinner each week in our dining room.  Usually these are on Saturdays or Sundays, but the TV is turned off, candles lit, and we enjoy a good dinner and good conversation. 

 
 


Believe it or not, we actually hung this light fixture ourselves.  It wasn't easy, but it was easier than the ceiling fans, which are a whole other story for another post...



And over here, we have our bar....and no, we are not alcoholics....



And this is me getting creative with the decorating.  I love this frame and picture, and the plant has very special meaning to me, so it seemed the right place to have it. 


 
 Now all we need to do is have people over to entertain in our formal dining room!  Any takers?
 



6 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE that bar. I believe I have about the same amount of alcohol. But it's all scattered around in various places for my mom to find and say "MORE alcohol???" Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... looks great! I love the colors, the wood floors and the decorating you did :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps. Michael and I would be takers if only we lived closer

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the perfect room for doing some entertaining in! And I so hear you on ceiling fans... oh my, not fun at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Takers? Me, me me!!
    Love everything!
    And I know what you mean with the ceiling fans... We also had some BIG problems trying to hang them.

    Oh, here's my Motivation Monday!
    http://mynewlifeasahousewife.blogspot.com/2011/05/motivation-monday.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!