Whenever I'm experimenting in the kitchen, I like to brag about it a little bit on Twitter...just because :-) I'm not normally a bragging type of person, but sometimes you have to toot your own horn. Anyway, I've been asked to share a few of my recipes, so I will...they're not anything fancy by any means, but they're pretty damn tasty, if I do say so myself...and like my previous post, I'd love to show you pictures, but Blogger hates me or something. So here's one of our favorites, apple pork chops (goes great with homemade hot apples, but that'll be another day)
\Apple Pork chops
What you need:
Two (or more, depending on your family) boneless pork chops
Mrs. Dash original seasoning
1 Granny Smith apple
1. Warm up margarine in a skillet and brown pork chops on each side, seasoning them before turning them. (I like to season them a lot, but that's just me)
2. Once the pork chops are browned, place them in a casserole dish with diced onions
3. Pour somewhere between 1-2 cups of apple juice over the pork chops, just enough to make sure are covered.
4. Add a dollop of margarine to each pork chop
5. Peel and slice the Granny Smith apple, placing the slices in the dish.
6. Cover and cook for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees.
I like to make these with roasted potatoes and some apple sauce. It's great comfort food, and good for you because the Mrs. Dash is salt-free, which helps with T and my blood pressure issues. Sorry I have no pictures for you...I'll be back with more recipes next week!