Thursday, February 10, 2011

Buy something for yourself

So T and I are going through some personal crises that is kind of hard right now, and I've been super down.  So last night, when T was heading to his guitar lesson, he suggested I go to Target and buy something for myself. 

So I go, "Oh, yeah, we need to get your brother and sister-in-law an anniversary card.  Oh and my Grandpa's birthday, too."


"No, that's not something for yourself."


"Well we need some candles for the house?"


"That's great," T says.  "But that's not something for yourself."


"I know...I can get some of our groceries we need."


"That's not something for yourself.   Buy something.  Like a CD or shirt or something."
So I go and walk around Target.  I get my cards, candles, some shampoo on sale in bulk for T (I heart Target), some new running socks for me and tights for when I do Mary Kay meetings.  Both of these are on clearance (whoo-hoo!)  I walk around the clothing section, and a few things I like are like $20 which I think is too much.  I settle on a cute argyle sweater for $5.00 (clearance!)  And then, of course, groceries and some brownies for my employees on Valentine's Day. 


We get home and are unloading our stuff.  I show T what I got and he jokes with me that even when I "buy something for myself" it has to have either 1) practical purpose like socks or 2) needs to be on clearance. 


But what can I say?  Five bucks for a sweater is one hell of a deal! 
I love Target....


6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're super down, but hope things brighten up soon! Glad you got out to Target - all problems disappear at Target!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way! My husband has to convince me to buy something for ME - not something for the house or the kitchen or the garden. This made me laugh because I see myself all over the story.

    I'm sorry you're going through rough times - if you need to vent, you know how to reach me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no problem buying for myself...sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH I live in Target! When I say I get EVERYTHING THERE I'm not exaggerating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great deal! I love sweaters.

    I'm sorry you're going through a hard time. If you need to talk, I'm here. I hope things get better. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!