Sunday, March 16, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone!  It's funny because our celebration of this momentous holiday has drastically changed since we've had Aubrey.  Rather than drinking all day at a bar in downtown Indy, our St. Patrick's Day is spent eating Irish food at home with a can of Guinness.  For now, at least.  Once Aubrey is a little older we'll be able to take her to the parade downtown and be around all the festivities and what not.  But for now, I'm living vicariously through my kid-free friends on Facebook. But all the while, I think of this:









Oh, Ireland...oh how I miss you.  (Dreaming of Dublin)  So I'll be toasting with a Guinness tonight and dreaming of Ireland.  

Now we did have fun celebrating this weekend.  Yours truly knocked out a race with an all-time best at the Shamrock 4 mile run finishing in 46:29 (11:37 per mile baby!) and then listened to Irish music at a local winery.  We feasted on Shepherds Pie and well....yeah, that's about as celebratory as we get :-)  So I'll just be dreaming of Ireland...

Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone!

1 comment:

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!