Sunday, June 27, 2010

Fun in the sun!

Summertime fun!  We're back from our weekend getaway in Indy.  I'll have pictures tomorrow from our little trip, but today I'll just leave you with this adorable picture of T and his best friend:

Last weekend, we spent Father's Day with my parents and sister and Roo.  Each Father's Day we have a tradition of attending a Father's Day Classic Car Show in my hometown.  See, my Dad restored a 1972 Chevelle, and during the summer and fall, he shows it in car shows and competitions all over the area.  The Father's Day car show is a special one because it's close to our home and is just a fun event.  It's always on a really hot day, though, in the middle of June.  This last year was no exception.  It felt like an oven out there, and a humid one at that.  There's a playground in the park, too, so we take the kiddos over there to distract them because, well, it's kind of boring if you aren't into cars.  Heck, I get a little bored, too, so I welcome the break from sitting there watching people check out my dad's car and ask questions about it.  It's always funny because my dad's car is one of the favorites there, and we get really protective of it.  Kids and pets are all over the place, and I'm always thinking "don't touch that car...you don't know how much it costs..."  Anyway, I digress...so we took Roo this year to the carousel to cool off a bit, and she picked (of course) T to be her companion.  She couldn't have been happier.  It was so cute.  So here's a picture of Roo and her best friend riding the carousel.  We'll get to see them this weekend, too, as we have an upcoming family reunion to attend this weekend AND a bridal shower, too!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. There isn't much that melts my heart more than a guy who is adored by the kids in his life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, she's too cute! It took her awhile to warm up to him but now they're inseparable.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!