Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Want some random thoughts?

randomtuesday
It's Tuesday, and that means it's time to subject you to more of my Random Thoughts, courtesy of The UnMom....enjoy!

I can't tell you how happy it makes me that this weekend is a long weekend. One of the few perks of being a government employee...the mandatory days off. I'm definitely ok with having July 5th off, especially since T and I have plans the night of the 4th. Whoo for sleeping in one extra day!

So yesterday I had one of those really bad spacey-type of days. Seriously, I was a space cadet. Not sure why either. I just kept doing all sorts of stupid things, making stupid mistakes...left and right. It was kind of frustrating. By the time I left work yesterday I was wondering "how am I going to make it home without steering my car into oncoming traffic?" Seriously, with the way I was feeling, that was a distinct possibility! Luckily I made it home in one piece but not before taking the wrong exit to get to my house. I pulled off on the exit right before ours, and as I was driving on the ramp, I realized my mistake. Um, yeah, someone needs more sleep.

T's birthday is coming up, and in two weekends I'm throwing him a birthday party at our house. This is the first time we've had people over like that to your house, and I'm kind of wondering if we're ready. We don't have enough seats outside on our deck for people to sit down. That, and I'm trying to think of some cool food stuff to make for people that evening...got any party recipes you want to share?

So I've been taking viola lessons for one month now, and I have to say, it's going pretty well. It's surprising how quickly you pick up things that you knew a long time ago. I'm kind of excited, because I really want to get back to playing at the level I used to play. My ultimate goal is to play for a community orchestra. We'll see!

Ok, last random thought for the day...when we were downtown this last weekend, I noticed that by the canal they had these huge pots with soil in them and weeds growing all over the place, and I thought: "how do weeds grow in pots that aren't a part of the ground? How do they get there?" And that brought me to the deeper question of "how did WE get here? Are we really just weeds growing in a big pot? What is the meaning of life?"

Ha, no not really...but I was curious about the weed thing. Just saying...

3 comments:

  1. Weeds are everywhere. We also have a problem growing trees everywhere a seed falls. My FIL says we're the only people he knows that can grow grass on (in) the sidewalk. No lie.

    Enjoy the extended weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate weeds! However they got here, I hate them!

    Love the randomness of your random! Good luck with the Par-Tay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, bacon wrapped anything for you party. It's easy. Mix 1 cup of brown sugar with 3 TBL of chili powder. Cut your "anything" into 1 inch cubes (I use water chestnuts or chicken- depending on the crowd). Roll the cubes in the mix. Cut bacon into 1 inch strips. Wrap it around the cubes and fix it with a toothpick. Bake it for about 1/2 hour on 400. Keep an eye on it, though. Some stuff cooks faster than the 1/2 hour! Yummm.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!