Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

It's February 14th, the day of love and chocolate and cards and Hallmark stuff :-)  I haven't always been a huge fan of Valentine's Day, but I have a feeling this Valentine's Day is about to change that for me forever.  In fact, I'm not sure I can look at the holiday in the same way ever again.  This year, while T and I are playing it low key and not exchanging presents, we don't have to....because tomorrow morning, we'll be getting the best present ever.  Our little girl. 


Every Valentine's Day from now on, I'll reflect on how I feel right now.  Anticipation.  Nerves.  Excitement.  Because tomorrow at this time, I'll be holding our little Half-pint for the first time.  And every year from now on, Valentine's Day will not only be a day of flowers and candy and sharing an I love you with your special someone.  It'll be a day for T and me where we think about how just one day later we were graced with the best gift ever, the ultimate gift of our love together.  I couldn't ask for anything more. 


I'm afraid I'll be off the grid for the next few days, though I'm sure you all will understand why :-)  I'm not sure how quickly we'll be able to post a picture of her here on the blog, but, if you're a fan of my Facebook page, I will definitely try to post a picture there.  Unless something changes between now and tomorrow, we'll be heading to the hospital tomorrow morning around 8, with surgery scheduled for 11 a.m. 


T and I want to thank all of you for your support, prayers and for everything over these past  9 1/2 months.  All of it has meant so much.  I don't know any of you personally, but I feel like I do.  And the outpouring we've gotten from people we've never met has been incredibly humbling.


So Happy Valentine's Day everyone! 

 
 

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you both! Thankfully, I can tune into Facebook to get a first glimpse. Mazel tov!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so exciting! Congratulations and I hope everything goes just perfectly for you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saying a prayer as I type that everything goes just right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so so excited for you guys!!
    I'm praying for you three :)
    I also feel like I know you! Yesterday I was grocery shopping with MJ and couldn't stop talking about you and Half-pint! I'm so excited! haha

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!