Monday, April 23, 2012

Motivation Monday!

Motivation Monday 

Who is happy that it's Monday?  Not me!  But alas, it's the start of another work week...at least it ends with my birthday on Saturday.  So I guess I do have something to keep me going this week.  That and motivation, right?  Because this is Motivation Monday, after all!  So let's get started...


It's easy to do, and I totally recommend it.  Start your week off with a goal - whatever it may be, make it your motivation this week.  Write a post about it, linking up to this blog.  Copy and paste the link to your post and put it in a comment to this one, and I'll add you to the list!  Last week we got two people, and that made Nain very happy.  So let's see if we can make it three this week!  Let's do this!


My motivation this week is to continue getting in shape and losing this baby weight.  Well, not just the baby weight, but the stuff that was there beforehand, too.  I went to my cardiologist on Tuesday for my last appointment for a year.  It went really well, and my blood pressure is down.  But that's mostly because of the medication.  While, yes, because of my heart defect, I'll be on medication my whole life, I do think reducing some of my weight will help.  And the doctor thinks so, too.  I'm not close to my target weight for my height.  Granted, I'm not sure if I can get to that weight because most women my height are not so...well...well endowed in certain areas.  But I'd like to get close to that, at least...


So I have a goal.  I did the mini-marathon for the 500 Festival last year, and I couldn't train for that this year with the baby and what not.  But they do have a women's marathon on Labor Day weekend in September.  So I decided I'm going to do it.  I'm walking the mini-marathon in September.  It gives me a goal to work towards, and I'm pretty excited about it.  Walking 13.1 miles is hard, but it feels so good when you've accomplished it.  And with T doing the marathon in November, I can help encourage him and he can help encourage me. 


So that's my motivation this week...what's yours?  Can't wait to read them!



1 comment:

  1. My motivation lately is a daily occurrence. Just get through the day. Just exhausted!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!