Thursday, April 5, 2012

Yep! She's my kid!


For the most part, Aubrey gets her physical features from her father...the eyes, shape of her face, lips.  But her disposition, strong will and stubbornness?  I'm afraid to say...she's taking after me.  Dear Lord.  I'm thinking of the teenage years and the battles that are sure to ensue.  Poor T will need to hide in the basement for those years.  It's amazing how much you can see her personality coming through.  And yeah...she's kind of taking after me.  That goes to show how strong genetics are. 
 
 
We've been working on the sleep training for about a week now, and it's hilarious how much she's resisting.  (By hilarious, I mean only in hindsight.  I do not find it humorous at 3 a.m. when she refuses to lay down or close her eyes.  Suddenly that book "Go the F*** to Sleep" seems like the best book ever.)  Here are a few instances of her cuteness and stubborn will.
 
 
She's more alert now and notices everything.  Seriously, everything.  She looks at the monkey stickers on her wall, she looks at the nightlight, the window, the rungs on her crib, me...you name it.  T and I try to close our eyes when it's late and not look at her so as to not stimulate her.  That doesn't mean she won't look at us.  In fact, the other day, I look down to see if she has finally closed her eyes and I see her little cute face, all wide eyed, smiling right up at me.  (How can you get mad at that?) 
 
 
The night before that I closed my eyes again to make her fall asleep.  I look down, squinting them just enough to see her, and there she is...eyes mostly closed, but squinting right back up at me as if to see if I'm looking.  Then they were wide awake after that. 
 
 
That same night, I have my head up, eyes closed, and she's all wide-eyed and ready to play.  She realizes Mommy isn't looking at her, so she reaches up and hits my face to get my attention.  I couldn't help but laugh at that. 
 
 
We've been working really hard on this sleep training and getting her to sleep in her crib.  She was sleeping in her car seat because that was the only place where she could get comfortable.  She refused the crib.  However, I think we're winning at that.  Last night she slept in the crib the entire time, after each feeding.  (Victory for the parents!) 
 
 
The socks.  Oh how she hates the socks.  But her little feet get cold.  I'll put the socks on, and every time, I come back to her and they are off.  I'll put them back on.  She'll kick them off.  I put them on when she's asleep.  She'll take them off in her sleep and when I check on her, there she is sleeping like a baby, socks off.  We went for a walk a few weeks ago, and it was a little chilly out.  So I put socks on her and covered her bottom half with a blanket.  We walk for a few minutes, and I look down at her, and what do I see?  Her bare feet, just barely out of her blanket. 
 
 
It's these little moments where I have to laugh.  She's simply adorable and has quite the personality.  And at only 7 weeks, too! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!