Monday, April 9, 2012

What's your motivation?

Motivation Monday 

Another Monday greets us...one week from this Monday, I'll be taking one Aubrey to daycare for the very first time.  While I am ready to get back to work, I'm not ready for that.  It'll be tough so I'm trying to not focus on that for the time being.  Instead, it's time to focus on motivation!  I got a participant last week, so let's shoot for two this week!  :-)  It's super easy to do.  Just write a post about anything that is motivating you this week.  If you've already done a post for today, you can do it any day this week.  Just copy and paste a link to your post in a comment to this blog, and I'll link you up! 


I'm doing pretty well on my motivation from last week in working out and trying to lose weight.  Granted, I'm still pretty restricted.  I tried doing a sit-up last week, and the muscles in my stomach are still pretty sore from the surgery.  Probably a little too soon for that just yet.  But I did manage to walk every day last week with Aubrey and went to the gym for some time on the elliptical on Saturday.  I have lost three pounds since I've started working out.  It's hard to say where that's from, but I'm going to take it.  I've reduced the amount of snacking during the day and trying to watch my portions.  No Easter candy yesterday...well, maybe a couple of M&Ms but that's not too bad!  So I just need to keep it up, and hopefully I'll see results!


I do need to give T some huge props on here.  He's training for a full marathon this November, and he's been running these past few weeks since Aubrey was born.  Running on very little sleep apparently is good for him, because he's really been pushing the pace.  And he, too, has been watching his food intake, and he's down 7 lbs since Aubrey was born!  So proud of him! 


So that's my motivation for the week...what's yours? 




1 comment:

  1. This isn't going to help you. The hardest thing I had to do was put my little one in the care of another when I went back to work. There is something very special about spending that time with our babies. I pray that you are able to see everyone of her firsts before anyone else!

    I'm proud of you for getting back into exercise at a healthy pace! And for losing weight in the process! And yay for T!!

    My motivation Monday is up here: http://lillian-davis.blogspot.com/2012/04/motivation-monday_09.html


    Lily-Thinking Thoughts

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!