Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My growing girl

As Aubrey gets older, we find that she's getting more and more alert.  I love it.  Absolutely love it.  It's not like I didn't love the snuggly newborn phase, but it's so fun to see her little personality come out.  And it's fun to start playing and interacting with her and watch her develop and learn things.  She's learning so much and so quickly, too. 


One of the things I absolutely love is to watch her get all excited about the ceiling fan.  Seriously, the kid loves her ceiling fan.  We have one in our bedroom and in our living room, and she just stares at it, smiling and just kicking her legs away.  It's so funny to watch her be so entertained by something so simple.  But to her, it's the coolest thing ever. 


We also try talking with her and interacting as if we're having a conversation.  I'll joke and try to talk politics with her.  For instance, she has some pretty strong views on this upcoming election, as well as the North Korea nuclear crisis.  Or at least she shared those with me.  It's almost like she's trying to talk to us.  She moves her tongue around and coos with us.  I'll ask her a question and give her a second as if she's responding.  She also mimics things I do.  I have started off just by sticking my tongue out at her.  She's managed to stick hers back out at me a few times.  It takes some work, but she gets it out.  So cute. 


It's also so amazing how she recognizes T and me now.  The other day, it almost seemed like she was playing a game with us.  T called it "where's Mommy, where's Daddy?"  He was holding her, and she would look at him, smile, and then turn to look at me, turn back to look at him, turn to look at me, and she kept this up for a good few minutes.  It was hilarious.  Of course, she'd smile at Daddy but not me. (I think someone is already a Daddy's girl...just saying...)  She smiles when we come into daycare to pick her up, too.  It's the best part of my day, picking her up in the evening. 


She is not such a big fan of the tummy time, on the other hand.  I know, I know...it's necessary.  We were kind of slacking on it, until our daycare teachers told us it was pretty important and to just let her cry through it.  So we did that last night, and what do you know?  She was trying to push herself up!   Of course, she cried through it, but I have a feeling once this kiddo starts crawling, we're in big trouble. 


It's just crazy to see how much she's changing, and in just less than three months.  I feel so blessed to be here to witness it.  God, I love that little girl...




3 comments:

  1. A lot of babies aren't big fans of tummy time. I know you love unsolicited advice...j/k...but no really you can accomplish the same muscle building in playing airplane with her or pulling her up to a sitting position when she is laying down on her back. Soon she will love tummy time once toys become more interesting, it just takes some time :) She sure is cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.. she's growing so fast!!!
    Why don't you post about items you thought you would need for Aubrey but now you have found out you don't really need them?
    I think that would be interesting. MJ & I are considering the possibility to have a baby for 2013, but we need to know what to buy and what not, so that we don't waste our money!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!