Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The little things

I've been coming up with bigger things each day for which to be thankful, but today...I'm thankful for those little things.  Because truly the little things make up the big things in the end.  And I'm grateful for each and every one of them.
 
 
The kiss I get from T each night before we fall asleep.
 
 
Tip-toeing into Aubrey's room before we go to bed at night to check on her and watching her sleeping so peacefully.  Kissing her on the forehead and telling her I love her. 
 
 
The smile on Aubrey's face when we pick her up from daycare and she first realizes we are there to pick her up. 
 
 
Getting a nice email from a friend.  Or a letter, which is even better!
 
 
That moment when a gloriously awful 80s song comes on the radio and you sing to it, word for word, at the top of my lungs.  (St. Elmo's Fire happens to be my song of choice.)
 
 
Getting into bed at night and snuggling up in the sheets  and comforter.
 
 
Sitting by a fire with a cup of hot chocolate (or wine, depending on the day).
 
 
That feeling of relief you get knowing that a vacation is coming up because God knows you can use a few days off. 
 
 
Realizing the show you love but probably shouldn't love, like Breaking Amish or Hoarding is on. 
 
 
See, it's these little things.  Sure, some of them are nowhere as near as important as the others.   And none of these are mentioned in any particular order.  But today, as I do any day, I am grateful for these little things and the people who help make them so special. 


And Christine...this is for you :-)


 
 

5 comments:

  1. Love this list.
    Thanks for reminding me the importance of the little things in life :)
    Only 5 weeks left until Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!

    (St Elmo's Fire has words??)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! And it so makes me want to have a fire and hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great list! thanks for reminding me i should stop and pay attention to the little things. I found your blog through the coast to coast map and was extremely excited to find another Indy blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Thanks for the addendum :)
    I've only known the music part of the song, from commercials and whatever else it's been used in. I had a sheltered childhood ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!