Monday, November 14, 2011

As promised..


This past weekend, T and I assembled two pieces of the furniture for Half-pint's nursery.  It's kind of exciting to see things falling into place for the room and to have it not just be an empty green room where we randomly hang up our laundry to dry.  (We will need to find a new place to put the laundry when she arrives...) So our first piece was the book shelf we ordered from Bed, Bath and Beyond, using the remaining gift cards we had left from the wedding.  We're starting a little book collection for Half-pint.   There's plenty of room for more!
 
 

For our shower, T's parents bought us the changing table we registered for at Target.  This box weighed a ton.  It was a struggle for us to get it in the house, and I probably shouldn't have helped...but...we opened it up downstairs and took pieces up bit by bit.  And you wouldn't believe the hardware that went into it either. For a piece of furniture from Target, this is built really well!  She has nicer furniture than we do!



The top part is just screwed in at the back, so when we're done using it as a changing table, it can become a shelf or entertainment center.  So it'll be a piece of furniture she will grow with.  Well worth the purchase!


AND....because I'm a woman of my word....and even though I think I look ginormous in this photo and my  hair looks like crap...I'm posting this.  Because I love you guys, and because some of you have been patiently waiting for this.  This is me at 26 weeks.  It's hard to truly see the bump because my dress isn't really form-fitting, but trust me, it's there.  And trust me...I feel huge.  I am struggling with the thought that I'm going to get even bigger and have 3 more months to go.  But my 5'1" frame only has so much room for her to go.  The only other direction is for her to grow out.  And she sure is doing that!


 
 
No other baby updates really...she's doing very well and her heart rate is good.  She's kicking up a storm and moving around a ton.  Mommy...well, she's still struggling with the blood pressure so I'm going to to the doctors all the time trying to work that all out.  And keep the stress level down.  That's a work in progress, of course...
 
 
Next step...the crib!  My parents do have it at their house, but right now with things with my Grandpa, it might be closer to Christmas when we get that set up.  But I promise to post pictures then!
 

3 comments:

  1. I know you feel lousy, and ginormous but you really look at lot better than you feel.

    The two pieces are really pretty! You guys did a great job getting them put together.

    Hang in there, you're in the seventh inning stretch! (That's the only sports illustration I can think of. Ha!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!
    The nursery is so cute! :)
    And you're gorgeous, Nain!
    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful! I know you feel huge, but there will be a time in the super near future where you will look back on this picture and laugh because you weren't even close to huge :)
    The furniture is perfect! I love the rich color, it is lovely! Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!