Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thankful


I've been watching Facebook throughout the month of November and have been reading everyone's 30 Days of Thanks posts.  It's a wonderful idea to recognize those blessings in your life.  I've wanted to join in, but with the stress and sadness that November has brought, sadly, I never got around to it.  That isn't to say I don't realize my blessings and am not thankful for them on a daily basis.  Because I am.  But I don't think I've outwardly recognized them, especially one of them in particular.  Sure, he knows I appreciate him and love him, but I think maybe I should give a a great deal of credit where credit is due.

This year I am truly thankful for my husband, T.  I never thought I would be so lucky to be married to and in love with my best friend.  I get to fall asleep next to him every night and wake up next to him every morning.  He's my rock, my sounding board, the person who centers me and brings me back to reality.  He's my biggest fan.  Over the past year, he has supported me as I chose to make a major career change from working as a child protective services attorney to running a legal services agency and stepping outside of the traditional "lawyer" role.  He has supported me with my Mary Kay business, when others teased me for it and tried to downplay the fact that I truly do love to do it, he's been proud of me and supportive when I've needed it.  In March, he stood by me and held my hand as we underwent tests on my heart to see if we could have children and to see if I needed surgery before we could even try.  He cried with me tears of happiness when we found out everything we just fine.  He's shared my joy, excitement and trepidation as we discovered we were blessed with the little Half-pint in June.  He took care of me through morning sickness, exhaustion and crazy mood swings.  He's supported me 100 percent as my family had to make the decision to put my Grandpa in assisted living and later in nursing home care.  He's watched over me as my Grandpa's health as deteriorated, and he comforted me when my Grandpa finally passed.  He held my hand and stood by my side the entire time as we said good bye to him this past weekend.  He told me it was okay to cry and that I didn't always have to be the strong one.  He remembers the special days we share - the anniversary of our first date, the memories from when we got engaged, relives the joy of our wedding day.  With the high risk pregnancy, he has been my advocate and there for me the entire time.  He's watched over me like a hawk and made sure that I am relaxing, that I taking care of myself and put my health first.  He's been my everything. 

I may not say it daily.  I don't even think saying the words "I love you" are enough to truly express how thankful I am that God brought T into my life.  But I am.  I am forever grateful and blessed to have him as a husband.  And this year, more than ever, I would like to say thanks to T for being the man that he is.  I love you, and I couldn't be more blessed.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!



 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. A lovely post of thanks, you're very lucky to have T, but I'm sure he's lucky to have you.
    Happy Thanksgiving, Nain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet. Have a great Thanksgiving! (And, yes, I admit when I first read this post I was like, wait, is Facebook a TV show now?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very sweet. I am so glad that he is in your life AND that you take the time to let him know how much that means to you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!