Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankful


I want to thank those of you who left such sweet comments on my blog yesterday.  Maybe it's the hormones, but I have to admit I did tear up from reading some of those.  While I am by no means 100 percent better this morning, I am making a concerted effort to focus on the positives and keep going, thanks to Sarah's comment.  Because I do have a ton to be thankful for.  Yes, I have a lot going on, and nothing I can say or do will change what is happening with my Grandpa or make it any better.  It just sucks.  But I do have to continue on with life, regardless of what obstacles are in my way and regardless of the hardships my family is facing.  I can't curl up and just hide.  So with that thought in mind, I thought I'd dedicate today's post to focusing on the things that are positive.  My blessings.  Because I am truly blessed. 
 
 
This past week, Half-pint has been particularly busy.  I mean, seriously, this kid is active.  During my training on Tuesday, I kept feeling her kick.  So I put my hand where I thought she was kicking. And sure enough, she kicked in that spot again, but at the same exact time, I felt something else below that point.  And that went on for hours.  It's like she was doing Taebo.  Every time I feel her kick, it just makes me smile.  Because it reassures me she's doing just fine and that she's getting bigger.  (As am I actually!  I do need a bump picture soon because dude, I feel huge!)
 
 
We received two pieces of her nursery furniture last week...a book shelf and her changing table, and we'll be putting those together this weekend.  I'm excited that her nursery is starting to come together!  My parents have the crib at their house, but unfortunately it is just too heavy for T and I to move by ourselves.  I promise to post pictures!
 
 
It's getting close to Thanksgiving...and I seriously love that holiday.  Watching football, lounging all day and eating?  Yes, please! 
 
 
And it's getting close to the holidays...next weekend I'm having my first Mary Kay Holiday Open House...praying to God that it goes well.  But it's been fun getting ready for it all.  And I can't wait to decorate our new home for the holidays.  It's exciting to think that we'll be spending so many Christmases in this house with our new family. 
 
 
And of course, my biggest blessing....T.  I don't know what I'd do without him.  I know this has been particularly hard on him.  He feels helpless watching me go through this medical stuff and watching me worry and worry and worry some more about my Grandpa and how my Mom is dealing with everything.  There's not much he can do to fix it.  I know it's a male thing that when they see their loved ones going through something hard, they want to fix it.  But unfortunately, it can't be fixed.  And with my moods along the way, I know it hasn't been easy.  But he's my rock.  He always is.  He's my angel that God blessed me with her on Earth, and for that, I am forever grateful. 
 
 
So thank you, everyone, for your kind thoughts and prayers.  I felt more than loved yesterday.  For now, I'm just focusing one day at a time, and focusing on those things that are truly important. 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!!! I know this is a tough time but you will get through it!! I think it is so important to focus on the good rather then the bad, things could always be worse. Keep thinking about that half full glass and soon you will realize that your cup runith over :) Love to you Nain & your growing family :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!