Tuesday, November 1, 2011

It's my blog, I'll bitch if I want to....

It's Tuesday.  I'm pregnant and I find myself in one of those moods where everything seems to just irritate me.  So...I'm going to vent.  And it'll be random.  And probably not pretty.  But, as the title of this post says, it's my blog...so I'll bitch if I want to!  So this is a list of things currently bugging me...


 
Political ads - I try to avoid being political on my blog.  I have my political views.  Many of you wouldn't agree with them.  But I don't write on this blog to express them. But I'm really ready for next week's election day to get here and pass on because I get so tired of the ads.  From all sides, too.  Such negativity.  And also the constant policital commentary on next year's presidential race.  It feels like the coverage just keeps going on and on and on and on. 
 
Unsolicited advice - Don't get me wrong...I have no idea what I'm doing with this motherhood thing or preparing for baby and my surgery.  BUT, that being said, my growing waist line does not open up the door for unsolicited advice.  It just doesn't.  And I swear to God, if I hear one more person say "just wait until this..." or if I complain about how I'm feeling, hearing someone who just had a baby say "that's nothing compared to what I'm feeling now."  Especially if the person complained the entire time she was pregnant.  Please.  Just stop.  Yes, I know I'm not the only woman who has ever been pregnant.  And I know that when the little Half-pint arrives, my entire world will change, as will my focus on what's important on a daily basis.  And yes, I know the whole sleeping thing will fall to the wayside.  But every pregnancy is different.  Every child is different.  Just because something happened to you doesn't mean it's automatically going to happen to me.  And unless I openly ask for your advice, hold it in.  Please.
 
 
On that same note.  Hearburn.  Why is it that water is giving me heart burn?  I had a small box of Halloween candy Nerds a few hours ago, and that box.  That small box.  Gave me heartburn.  Seriously?  I've been taking Tums, but man, I hate that stuff.  And I'm irritated with the fact that every day, I feel less and less attractive.  I'm this huge, gassy and bloated woman who can't see her feet some days, has leg cramps constantly, uses the bathroom every thirty minutes...can't wear any normal clothes.  I just don't feel....what's the word?  Pretty? 
 
 
And music.  What gives with the lack of originality on the radio?  Why must we overplay the same music over and over again?   Come up with something different.  And try a little variety, radio DJs. 
 
 
Oh, oh...and douchebag guys.  Driving in pimped out Hondas.  You're not fooling anyone.  Just saying.
 
 
Okay...I think that'll do. 
 
 
This has been a ranting of the Nain variety.  We will come back to your regularly-scheduled posts tomorrow...
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Douchebag guys driving around in pimped out hondas (and everything else) is pretty much the norm around here. Also common is seeing one broken down on the side of the road. They usually get what's coming to them... is that mean to say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it mean to say that I LOVE this post?
    Don't get me wrong... I'm not happy about all the things you're going through. But your honesty... is brilliant. I love it.
    Thanks for this post!
    I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I give you advice you don't ask for tell me to mind my own business. I do that sometimes and I know it can be annoying. So if I have already I apologize.

    Btw bitch away, you've earned it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The political stuff drives me nuts too! SO with you on that!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!