Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween and Weekend Re-cap

Happy Halloween, everyone!  I'm living vicariously through all you moms out there and love the cute Halloween pictures I've seen so far out there!  I have to admit, I'm excited for next year when we get to dress our little girl up.  Too cute!  This is our first Halloween in our new house/neighborhood, so we're hopeful that we get lots of trick or treaters tonight.  Otherwise, I'll have to eat all of that candy all by myself.  Don't get me wrong...I'm up for the task, but it's probably best the kiddos get the majority of that. 
 
 
We had an actually nice and relaxing weekend for a change.  It was surreal not having somewhere go and something to do.  Having a weekend to actually just be at home allowed by T and myself to be productive and catch up on other things.  Here's what I was busy doing:
 
 
 



These are some of the gift sets I put together for the holiday season with my Mary Kay business.  I also put together invitations for my two Holiday Open Houses I'm having.  So all in all, I got a ton of MK stuff done over the weekend.  I'm not normally a creative person so I was pretty proud with the finished product. 


Saturday night, I made a nice meal for T, and we had homemade lasagna.  YUM.  It was good, trust me. 


Sunday we went to church and then headed to Target to finish our baby registry.    We dug around in the basement through boxes T's parents brought down from his home with all of his old toys and books from his childhood.  I bought a book shelf last week for us to start putting together a little library for our baby when she arrives, so it's a start.  T was also Mr. Chef yesterday and made us one heck of an apple pie...super impressed!  Come to think of it, talking about that now is making me seriously want some apple pie...man, I should have brought some from home with me...oh well, it'll be there when I get home! 


We relaxed the rest of the day.  Towards the end of the night, Half-pint was kicking like a fiend.  T was able to feel a few of those kicks, some of them pretty hard.  Since she was so active, T decided he's going to start reading a story to her every night (So sweet, isn't he?)  So he read a little book to her, and he had his hand on my stomach while he was doing it...the whole time she was just kicking away.  Sure, she might not be able to understand words or anything, but from what I've read, she's hearing noises...so maybe she knew her Daddy was talking to her?  Either way, it was too precious. 


Hope all of you had a great weekend and have a very Happy Halloween!  Hope it's all treats with very few tricks today! 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely weekend. I am planning to make lasagna this week. mmmmmm... I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful weekend! I think next year is going to be a lot of fun for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww that's so sweet!
    :)
    You're going to be such great parents!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!