Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A beautiful fall day

Right now in Indiana we're having a bit of Indian summer, which, for fall lovers like me, is a bit of a bummer (hey!  I rhymed!)  BUT, a couple weeks ago, we had the most perfect fall day ever, and T and I took advantage of it.  Did I wait two weeks to post these pictures? Yes.  Does that make me lazy?  Sure :-)


So we decided to take advantage of the beautiful day by heading to an apple farm just south of us.   

 
 


Seriously, the place was beautiful.  Fall colors everywhere.  Beautiful scenery.  Just a really really pretty place.



And to give you a somewhat of a bump picture, here you go...I should note that since two weeks have passed, my bump has gotten significantly bigger.  Unfortunatlely, the one area I have gained besides my stomach is my chest, so I feel like I look absolutely huge in the middle in this picture...




Since we were at an apple farm, we decided to partake in the normal apple treats, which involved warm apple cider and...caramel apples, of course.  And boy, these things were huge!  I chose mine to be nutless...



T wanted his full of nuts.  He loves his nuts.  A big mouthful of nuts.  Ha, sorry...I'm 2...I know...



The baby let me eat most of my apple, but not all.  At that point, she still wasn't letting me fully enjoy food.  I'm getting there, though!  We watched all of the families wander around and take pictures, and I have to say...it got me a little jealous because I can't wait for that to be us someday, taking our little girl to the apple farm.


After enjoying our snacks, we headed to the pumpkin patch.  That involved standing in line for 30 minutes for a wagon ride, which kind of sucked, but it was well worth it.  We got our pick of pumpkins (whoo, alliteration!)  



Last year, the crops were kind of low because of the drought we had in Indiana, but this year, there were a ton!  So we picked our pumpkins, headed back to the store and grabbed a few other treats to take home - cider, apples, apple pie and some Indian corn to decorate outside of our house.  We did the decorating as soon as we got home...I hope this picture does it justice:




And of course, we had to get three pumpkins - one for T, me and half-pint!




Fall weather, please come back!  Sorry it took me so long to post these, but hey...I have a valid excuse...the baby.  Right?  
 
 

1 comment:

  1. When it comes to pregnancy, boobs will either suffer or prosper. Depends on who you ask. :-)
    Looking good!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!