Monday, October 10, 2011

Rest, relaxation and a few kinks along the way

I've made a decision to put "Motivation Monday" on hold for now.  Not because I don't want to stay motivated, but honestly, with the baby on the way, my motivation focus has changed.  My goals for the week don't always change, so I don't feel like I have as much variety to add.  My goal is usually to just rest, relax, take care of myself and the baby, etc.  Granted, after next February and once I've recovered from surgery, I'll be back and at it because I'll need some major motivation to lose that baby weight.  But for now, we take a little break...
 
 
We had a relatively uneventful weekend, which was nice for a change.  T did yard work, and I worked on Mary Kay stuff (making cute gift sets for open houses this holiday season, which I will for sure share on here soon).  We went to a church picnic yesterday and just spent the afternoon relaxing and spending time together.  We've got to relish in those moments while we have them, right?  I could go for more weekends like that where there are no set plans. 
 
 
The only kink in the weekend was actually a kink...in my neck.   Unfortunately, I woke up with the worst neck pain, and I couldn't turn my neck to the left.  Must have slept on it incorrectly or something.  But, suffice it to say, I was in pain.  But I would not let the neck pain keep me from running the errands I intended to run that day.  Let me just say driving when you can't look too well to your left and grocery shopping with no peripheral vision is not easy.  Nor is it smart.  But I'm stubborn.  It started feeling better today, so I'm hoping that eventually I'll be back to normal.  No more kinks and what not. 
 
 
Also, just a reminder that I am in need of guest bloggers next week!  I have two different work conferences to attend, and I'm not really going to be on the computer much so I need some help with my blog next week!  I have one taker (Thanks, Amber!) but I still need 4 more - comment if you're interested!  (and if you want to make my day, of course...)
 
 
Sorry for this disjointed post...but hey, it's a post, right?  Hope everyone is having a great start to your week!
 
 

1 comment:

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!