Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Missing food

Today marks the official "Week 20" mark for me in the pregnancy.  And I'm still waiting for those cravings I hear so much about to begin.  Honestly, since I've become pregnant, I'm actually hungry less than I was before the pregnancy.  Seriously...who would have thought?  It's not that I'm always nauseated (though I did wake up feeling particularly sick this morning), but the thought of eating just doesn't appeal to me.   And man, do I miss eating. 
 
 
Baby girl doesn't seem to like salad in particular.  I've long been a proponent of eating your vegetables, especially the dark leafy greens, but nope, she's not having it.  I haven't been able to finish a salad in 5 months now.  I just tried eating one for lunch...success?  Nope, not so much.  We've tried changing the dressing, adding croutons, forcing myself through it...still not working.  According to an email I got from The Bump yesterday, too, since she is developing taste buds, I am supposed to be eating food I would like my child to eat later in life.  Obviously, I'd like this to include fruits and veggies.   Fail. 
 
 
And it's not just the healthy stuff either.  It's pizza.  Caramel apples.  Chips.  Anything.  No fast food, with the exception of Chick-fil-a and Wendy's, and even then, it's only on the good days. 
 
 
Oh child of mine, please let me eat!  I worry that I'm not eating enough, and she won't be growing as she should be.  So I'm putting this out there to you moms out there.  With your pregnancies, when did you start enjoying food again?  Pray tell that there is a light at the end of the tunnel! 
 
 
This vent has been brought to you courtesy of one irritated Nain who has attempted to eat a lunch without success.  At this rate, this child will only have a taste for cereal and peanut butter toast, because those of the two items I enjoy at the moment. 
 
 
On another note...I'd like to put a call out there to you all for some guest bloggers!  The week of October 17th-21st, I will be quite busy with work conferences, so I would like to set up a good schedule of guest blogs for the week.  And topics can be anything at all - comment or message me at viewfromdownhere@yahoo.com if you are interested!
 
Happy Tuesday!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. The taste bud thing has the ring of an old wives tale to me. I could not eat rice at all during my pregnancy, my girl LOVES rice. I ate peanut butter and drank whole milk quite regularly, in fact I could not drink less fat milk until I was well into my third trimester. My girl loves peanut butter but HATES milk.

    I had a friend who was a vegetarian, through her pregnancies, all four of them, she craved beef in all it's forms. She finally gave in during the first one and realized it was fruitless to try to stay a vegetarian during her other pregnancies once the cravings hit. Her family are all vegetarians today and her kids are in their 20's.

    Your babies food habits start when you start giving her baby food. Her taste buds will be more sensitive than an adults, that's why they say to feed them "bland" foods. We started Lydia with vegies and healthy meats, fruits and snacky stuff were last because the sweet tooth starts early!!! Ha!

    OK now you have my opinions. =>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmmm....I'm opposite. I've been craving food since week five:) But I've been told extra weight would be good. Soooo, I just think your body knows what it needs. You're going to be just fine.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!