Thursday, October 13, 2011

Baby update!

As promised, here I am with another Half-pint update!  We had another doctor's appointment yesterday to check up on her.  Because of my heart and being a high risk pregnancy, now that I am 21 weeks, I have to start going in every two weeks for the remainder of my pregnancy.  Every month we do an ultrasound to check the baby's growth.  Because of my condition, how well she is growing is a concern because of reduced blood flow.  We also check on my blood pressure and her own heart rate.  So, that means lots of doctor's appointments for Nain!  But that's okay, because all I care about is that she is doing well, so if that requires more trips to the doctors, then I am good with that.
 
 
Half-pint is doing just fine.  I got to see her in an ultrasound yesterday to check up on her heart rate, and she was as active as can be.  I'm still not always feeling her move around, but occasionally, I am starting to feel kicks.  The flutters are starting to turn into that.  Poor, T, because he really wants to be able to feel her kick, but hopefully that won't be too far away!  She's still a "she."  (Good because don't think I didn't have a momentary fear that possibly the ultrasound techs were wrong...) 
 
 
Mommy's health is...well...it's okay but has its moments.  My blood pressure is slowly starting to rise and stay there.  It's not at a dangerous point, but we're monitoring it, and increasing the meds is a possibility.  With my asthma and my heart condition, breathing is a little harder, too.  So that's not been fun, but the big thing is eating.  I don't eat as regularly and as much as I probably should.  After a rather long meeting over the lunch hour (minus the lunch) on Tuesday, my blood sugar tanked by the time I did eat, leaving me not feeling so hot.  The good news is my appetite has come back, but I'm still not eating often enough so I have been instructed to keep snacks with me.  It appears that baby girl is taking all of my nutrients, and since I'm not eating as many as I should, that leaves me with little.  So we're working on that.  The good thing is I have such great doctors who are doing such a good job at keeping an eye on me, as well as a good husband who is watching me, too.  I may be stubborn, but they aren't letting me be that way. 
 
 
In terms of size - according to the emails I get weekly, she is the length of a banana.  I'm getting bigger by the day, which is good because that means she's growing!  I did catch a glimpse of her face yesterday in the ultrasound...it's all very skeletal still, but I still think she's beautiful. 
 
 
Moment of panic this week?  Registering for baby.  I haven't done that yet.  Am I a complete slacker?  No crib or anything picked out.  And I'm not really that picky about it either.  SO we need to get on the ball with that one.  Or maybe I'm panicking too early.  Who knows :-) 
 
 
So that, my friends, is your baby update for the week!  Hope everyone is having a fabulous week!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Finally getting to read your blog on my computer rather than my phone, so I can comment again! So glad to hear all is well. I know it's not for fun reasons that you get to see the doctor so often (being high risk and all), but consider it a blessing. I hated having to go a whole 4 weeks between visits to hear the heart beat and know everything was still ok. And I only got 2 ultrasounds the entire time for each of my pregnancies. So enjoy the extra attention, glimpses at your baby girl, and the precious sound of her heart beating. And I hope the eating thing and blood pressure get better! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad y'all are doing well! You do need the nutrients for you but the good part is that the baby takes all and will continue to thrive in there! Please tell me when you do register! I want to look at it! We made ours and it was a lot but fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the pregnancy (this is my first time here) - Glad you and the baby are doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!