Friday, October 28, 2011

Just like Christmas morning

Yesterday, as T and I were getting ready, he excitedly asked me, "do you know what today is?"  "Thursday?" was my answer.  "No, it's a special day..."  I stared blankly at him, trying my best to inventory a list of special dates he and I shared from our days of dating.  Surely I could have missed something.  "Beavis and Butthead are back today!"  He could barely contain his excitement. 
 
 
Yes, folks, it was like Christmas morning in the Nain and T household last night. 
 
 
See, my husband is stuck in the 1990s.  All of his music taste come from the 90s grunge era.  His glory days, I call them.  And Beavis and Butthead?  He's obsessed.  It was actually my first Christmas present to him...I got him the Beavis and Butthead complete collection - Seasons 1, 2, and 3, and the movie, in a boxed set.  The perfect present for him.  
 
 
I mean, this is the the same man who makes Beavis impersonations when he's vacuuming and thinks I don't hear him.  He impersonates Beavis's "fire! fire!" when building a fire in our fire pit.  He chuckles like Butthead every time he hears the word "cock" included in a phrase or other word that could be construed as some sort of dirty phrase.  Oh, T...
 
 
So as soon as he found out his favorite show was coming back on the air, he was elated.  They made this announcement some time ago, and he's been waiting for that day when it came back.  And last night was the night.  I was a fan of the show back in the day, too, and I must say...it didn't disappoint at all last night.  The show was as funny as I remember it.  Too bad they have to make fun of other MTV shows instead of just music videos, but I guess that's what you get when they don't play music videos anymore.  But it was hilarious.  And the constant smile on T's face as he watched the show?  Classic. 
 
 
Oh it takes so little to please my man.  This should last him for a good few weeks....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!