Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Baby update!

So we're back from another fun doctor's visit!  Nothing quite like seeing the doctor every two weeks.  It's sad that I'm already at that point where they all recognize me there, but I suppose that's to be expected. But I do love the fact that everyone there is very nice, friendly and seems to genuinely care about me and the baby.  You do have to love that. 
 
 
Anyway, I'm rambling.  You probably aren't really wanting to know any of the above information.  You want to know about the little one, right?  Well, she's doing just wonderfully!  We had an ultrasound today to monitor her growth, and it turns out that she is about 1 lb 5 oz and is in the 93rd percentile for growth at her gestational age.  And here I was worried that my heart condition would cause her to not grow, right?  She was actually quite funny today, too.  Very very active.  The ultrasound tech was having a hard time getting pictures of her vital organs to measure because she kept moving.  She actually kicked while the ultrasound tech was doing her measurement.  We got to see a pretty clear picture of her face, even though she kept hiding it behind her hands, almost as if she were playing peek-a-boo with us.  So the good news is she's healthy and doing very well.  Mommy breathes a sigh of relief. 
 
 
My health?  We're still watching it closely.  My blood pressure is always a concern, and my OB and cardiologist are working closely together to make sure that everything stays as it is.  So Nain must start taking it easy.  It'll be hard because I'm so not that girl who sits still, but...if it is for her, then I will and have no problem doing that. 
 
 
So that's your update!  I'm at 23 weeks and 2 days.  Getting bigger every day!  Maybe, just maybe...I'll post a bump picture soon for you guys.  (I make no promises, though!)
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Yes, let me speak for all of us when I say yes to bump pictures! Glad you both are doing so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. bump pictures! bump pictures! bump pictures! bump pictures! :)
    I'm glad that both of you are doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!