Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Guest post: The love of writing

Starting off the week with our first guest post...thanks go out to Amber @ Amberlashell.com for being so great to post!  Stop by Amber's blog and say hi!  And without further ado...here's Amber!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello Nain and all of Nain's lovely readers.
My name is Amber LaShell and I run a little blog that is titled just Amber LaShell over at amberlashell.com and I was ecstatic when Nain agreed to let me guest post.

First of all, I love writing, and any extra excuse to write is great with me.

Speaking of writing, I have been busy writing as I am working on a Urban Fantasy/Paranormal Romance Trilogy that is about a girl who finds out her mother is a Celtic Goddess who passed down all her magic to her.

It is a fun trilogy and I have really enjoyed working on it and the 1st book of the trilogy titled, Celtic Magic, goes on sale on Halloween this year! (Done with shameless plug)

I started writing seriously about a year ago and there are things I have learned about myself and life through opening the window and letting the creativity blow through.

I work better under pressure.

I never knew that about myself before, but after being a part of NaNoWriMo where you have to write 50,000 in 30 days, I realized that with that big push, I could create something worthwhile!

I also recently learned from my literature professor that I tend to write a little too much when it would be better to just shut up already.

So, in the spirit of trying to shorten it up, I will end now with great big thanks to Nain for letting me take over, it has been fabulous!

Now, if she'll just let me feel that baby move...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ha, sorry, Amber!  I'm still having a hard time feeling the baby move myself!  But thanks for your post, and everyone stop by her blog and say hi!  And definitely, buy her book!  I'm always down for the shameless plugs, especially if they support authors out there!


 
 

3 comments:

  1. Great guest post!
    I've always found that re-reading your own words about a week after you write them helps you become more objective in deciding how wordy a section is. Since you're in the thought process, it's difficult to let go of passages when they're still fresh. Coming back to it a week later when you're on another mental track, you notice when things are too wordy or don't tell the story the way you intended. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so in awe - I don't know if I work better under pressure, but I think I'm so lazy I wouldn't feel under enough pressure!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!