Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Guest post: Gratitude

I would like to send out a special thanks to Jen at Sweet Pink Ruffles for her awesome guest post today on the topic of gratitude.  It's an important one, after all!  Please stop by her blog and send her some love!  And without further ado...here's Jen!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Y'all!


First of all, I want to thank Nain for inviting me to guest write in her wonderful blog. My name is Jen and I run a tiny little pink blog on the other side of the blogosphere. My blog is Sweet Pink Ruffles (http://sweetpinkruffles.blogspot.com). Over on my blog I ramble about everyday occurrences and spill my deepest darkest secrets, fears. Most importantly I share the things that make me happy. I invite you to go on by and check it out.


Today I want to talk about gratitude. Without gratitude the world would be a sad place. I believe that we should all be thankful for the blessings that we have. Let me share with you a little bit of my blessings. On my birthday my darling husband gave me a really pretty, simple, yet fancy agenda for me to keep track of my entire life. I was beyond excited. I am totally that girl that loves to make lists and write everything down! I jumped up and down a few times and thanked him for being so thoughtful and we went about our day. Sure enough, my blessings didn't end there. When we both got home from work the hubby surprised me with flowers, three (!) birthday cards and a few other presents. It's the little things that make me so grateful... I was definitely not expecting anything else and of course he surprised me once again! Now if you know my husband you know he is a kind soul. He is absolutely amazing in everything that he does. He has the biggest heart of anyone I know. He treats me like a princess and loves me unconditionally (he has his flaws; everyone does… but today is all about how wonderful he is!).


Last night I couldn’t sleep due to a bit of insomnia and I couldn’t help it but count my blessings (hey! What can I say, some people count sheep, I count blessings!). As I was laying there listening to Shane snore (face it honey! You DO snore) I said a prayer of gratitude for everything that I do have.



I am grateful for:



•My husband Shane. The definition of love. The most amazing soul I have ever met.


•My parents. Their unconditional and devoted love for me.


•My parents’ marriage. Through their ups and downs they have taught me how to be a better wife.


•My dogs. In times of difficulty they are always displaying their emotions with a simple wag of a tail.


•Shane’s job. Thanks to how hard he works we are able to survive.


•My job. No matter how much I complain, I am thankful for having one. I am thankful for having the specific one that I have.


•Everyone’s health. Although we all have medical problems none of them are severe enough to have to worry about.


•My Superman’s smiles. I was reading a book last night and I happened to glance over at Shane and our eyes met and I couldn’t help but notice that he had the biggest, happiest smile and it made me smile… it also gave me the idea for this post.


There are a lot of other things I am grateful for (faith, hope, family, etc.) but those are the ones that stand out this early morning. I am in such a great mood thanks to that smile last night, and I LOVE IT. Thank you Shane for making my life so amazingly beautiful. You are the bestest friend a person can hope for. I will forever be grateful for moments like last night and I am so grateful I can document them so that I will never forget.


Thank you all for opening allowing me to visit Nain and share my experiences with you all.


What are you grateful for?


Gratefully Yours,


Jen from Sweet Pink Ruffles
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!