Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday rundown

I have to admit that I'm having a bit of bloggers writer's block this Friday morning.  Maybe it's because all of my posts this week have just been so freaking awesome that my awesomeness is somewhat depleted.  (ha, rrrright...)  Or it could just be me being tired.  Either way, this post is not going to be groundbreaking by any means.  Sorry folks. 

I have not spotted a mouse since last Friday and that fateful evening (knocking on wood here), but our kitchen is now covered in mouse traps.  (Lovely.)


I went to an awesome and motivating conference last weekend and received some much needed motivation for my Mary Kay business.  I even got so much motivation that I went to my area meeting on Monday night and met some fellow consultants, got some great ideas, and I think I may just go again!


It snowed.  And then snowed some more.  I shoveled the driveway.  And then it snowed.  And all my hard work went to shit.  I hate snow.

I took a few days to myself and had the chance to catch up on some projects.  Some, not all.  I finished one critique.  Only 2 more to go.  Did I get a chance to write?  No, but baby steps, people.  And, I did manage to order wedding pictures for our frames we received as presents.  It only took me about four months, but I did it.  So pat myself on the back, Nain. 


I wrote a post for Skirt!  I still have one more to write, but check this one out when you get a chance.
Thursday, after getting my butt kicked by my personal trainer, I headed down to my future job location and met the entire staff and a few of the board members who threw me a welcome luncheon.  It was so great to meet everyone, and while I'm horrible with names, I hope I can remember them all.  It was overwhelming, as starting any new job naturally is, but I really look forward to it.  I even got to check out my office and get an idea of the space into which I'm moving.  Exciting, right?


All in all, it was a productive but somewhat relaxing week.  It's been nice to take a step back and have a few days to myself before I start my new adventure on January 24th.  This weekend, T and I will be venturing up to the north side of Indy to spend some time with my brother and fam, and I will be hosting another Mary Kay party on Sunday.  Keep your fingers crossed that it goes well!


Thank you to everyone who participated in this last week's Motivation Monday!  I truly appreciate it, and I can't wait to read motivating posts next week!  Have a great weekend!


 

2 comments:

  1. Hey - I've been married over 2 years and STILL haven't made use of the frames we got as gifts (in fact, since we moved I have no idea which box they were packed in...oops...) - you're ahead of the game!

    I'm glad you got to take time for yourself before the new jobs starts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can certainly understand the need for wanting time to oneself, lol! So much to do, so little time...

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!