Friday, January 21, 2011

Random Thoughts, by Nain

Sorry for the lack of posting yesterday.  It was one of those busy days (ironically a day off, but I spent most of it running around town, in the snow no less...).  It worked out, because I was having some blog writer's block, and honestly, as I compose this blog, I'm still having blogger's writer's block.  Damn.  So here are some random thoughts going through my mind today....enjoy!

Today is my last day at my current job.  I'm really excited to start my new position on Monday and begin this new chapter in my life, but it is bittersweet to be closing this current chapter.  I've learned a lot, made some good friends (who I intend to keep!), and I've grown as an attorney.  But now it's time for me to move on, so today brings a whole a myriad of emotions.  I'll be celebrating my last day at work with coworkers and colleagues for drinks.  Let's hope I don't have too much that I get all teary.  Or mouthy.  Or both.

Yesterday we got a ton of snow, and by ton, I mean five inches.  But it's a lot for me.  I'm a transplant here in the Midwest from Alabama, and I have yet to get used to the snow.  I absolutely hate driving in it.  My little Saturn is all over the road.  No matter how much I try to control my car, I slide all over the place.  I had quite a few appointments I needed to go to yesterday, and driving in that snow and dealing with all of the jerks on the road was way too much for me. 

Tomorrow we will be starting our mini-marathon training.  We meet at a local park and walk or run for 30-45 minutes.  Guess what the low will be Saturday?  Oh, around 12 degrees, and I can't even begin to think about how low the windchill will be.  So I went out and bought some of those tights that you wear under your sweatpants.  I hope I layer enough.  I mean, how long does it take for hypothermia to set in?  If I keep moving, I'll be OK, right?  (Pray for me...)

I finally put out some wedding pictures.  It only took me four months, but I did it.  The next step is to order the wedding album.  Oh, and also to finish the engagement scrapbook.  But I should probably give myself props for accomplishing the wedding picture thing. 

I cannot tell you how happy I am that Must See TV Thursday shows are back on.  I absolutely heart Parks and Recreation and 30 Rock.  It's the little things in life that make me happy.

Speaking of the little things in life that make me happy...have any of you seen Strange Addictions on TLC?  There are people out there who are addicted to things such as eating couch cushions, eating laundry detergent, sleeping with the hair dryer next to them (while on, mind you), and dressing up in a fox costume?  The show is awesome.  I love it.  And at the end of a rough day, it cheers me up.  Is that weird? 

So those are some random thoughts I have going on today...I promise I'll be back next week with some coherent thoughts.  Oh, and some updates on the new gig.  TGIF everyone!


 

7 comments:

  1. Good luck starting your new job on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh snap! A new job? Work it mama! I don't know how some of you can handle the snow! I'm here in Texas and it hit a ball shrinking 30 degrees outside...AND WE ARE ALL TRYING NOT TO PASS OUT! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the new job - I'm sure you'll rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray last day!

    How much do I love that you are cheered up by Strange Addictions? I've only watched one episode (eating cleanser/tanning) and it totally shocked me and made me uncomfortable. But hey, to each their own ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a fabulous last day Nain!!

    Strange Addiction-the hair follicle eating girl creeped me out! I mean I watched it but almost gagged and Karl encouraged my almost agging by making his own gag noises for me...haha!!

    Good for putting wedding pics out! We have some out but I still need to order our album too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When Ava was a baby I would put her car seat on the kitchen counter and run the hairdryer next to her ear, it made her stop crying and sometimes even fall asleep! All of a sudden I am regretting that decision... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! You're the second blog I've read that's behind on wedding photos and albums. I'm behind too. 4 months is good! It's taken me 6...

    Yay for new chapters!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!