Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Small Treasure Tuesday!



I'm totally thrown off this week, since I had yesterday off and I'm taking a personal day on Thursday before my last day at my current job on Friday...so, to me, it feels like Monday, but it's Tuesday.  And that's something to celebrate, especially by noting the treasures in your life through Small Tuesday Treasures with Chantel!


 
So my treasure this week?  Meeting goals, because, let's face it...when you can check something off your "to do" list, it makes you feel pretty good, right?


I'm happy to say that many of those goals are ones I set out to accomplish at the beginning of the year.   The first of those being to work a few of the many projects I have sitting there just waiting for me to complete them.  I sat down this last weekend and did a couple of pages in my engagement scrapbook, and I believe I have about four left before it's completely done!  And then, it's onto the wedding albums...(sigh...)


I also had an awesome Mary Kay party this last weekend.  It was only my third one ever and I managed to earn my biggest sales ever and I booked an additional party in February.  So yay for that!  I'm still not in the black just yet, but I feel pretty good about the accomplishments I made.  I look forward to keeping it up and seeing where this takes me.


 
I am proud to say that I was able to send out a total of seven letters to seven different people in honor of National Letter Writing Week.  I wasn't sure I could do it, but I managed to get all seven out.  I was humbled by the reaction I received, too.  Several people who received the cards emailed or wrote me back saying how much that handwritten note had made their day, and I've even made a new pen pal!  Chloe at My New Life as a Housewife!  I got a handwritten letter from her all the way from Seville, Spain, and by now, I hope she has gotten mine.  It was so much fun, and I can't wait to keep it up.


Lastly (and certainly not least) I am about to embark on a new adventure with my job...this Friday I will be saying good bye to a job that has given me many experiences (good and bad) and introduced me to some great coworkers and taught me a lot for the last two years....but it is time to move on.  I begin the new job next Monday, so this last week will be one full of excitement but a bittersweet one nonetheless.


Stop by Chantel's blog and see what other Small Treasures people have to share this week!  And, don't forget, the Motivation Monday meme is still up and the linky will be open until Saturday!



 

4 comments:

  1. Hey, that Chloe is me! haha
    No, I haven't received it yet... But I'll let you know as soon as it's here!
    I'm so proud of you! You have met so many goals!!!
    Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad Mary Kay is working out for you! And I'm glad so many of your other goals have been met - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you the best of success in your new job! (And Mary Kay!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great treasures! I'm impressed, I haven't even started on our scrapbooks yet... :-P oops!

    Good work on the Mary Kay party, and sales. I don't know if you got the message I sent you, I'm wondering what color -other than purple- looks good with blue eyes? I'm wanting to find some new eye shadow.

    I'm sure you'll love your new job, whatever it is :-) and good work writing so many letters! You're doing great with your goals!

    Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!