Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year, New Motivation Monday!

Motivation Monday

Welcome to Motivation Monday, the 2011 edition!  It's the new year, so you know what that means...new years resolutions!  Of course, I don't really like to call them resolutions. I don't know why, but I always feel like that term sets you up for failure.  I don't want to set these huge changes that I'm going to make for myself and then slip up on them a week into the new year and then just give up.   No, I want to set some goals for myself, things I'd like to really work towards in 2011 and hopefully be able to report back to all of you in December 2011 that I made a lot of progress on them.


So what goals do I have this year?  Well, the first of them is to continue with getting into better shape.  I've got a good start so far with working out with a personal trainer, and in May of this year, I will be walking in the Indianapolis Mini-marathon.  13.1 miles, baby!  I have to admit, I'm a little nervous about it, but I think I can do it.  T and I are joining a training program at a local running store here in our hometown, so hopefully having other people around to motivate me will help a great deal.  I am not going to set a certain goal of how much weight I'd like to lose in general, but really, I think I just want to feel healthier and look better.  That's one of my ultimate goals. 


The second goal - my book.  I made some great headway, thanks to my critique girls, but ever since the wedding, my writing has taken a backseat to other distractions in life.  I really want to keep up the progress I was making and hopefully see myself that much closer towards finishing my manuscript by the end of the year.  (First draft of it, of course...)  How do I plan on accomplishing this?  I think the important thing is to block out time every week dedicated solely to writing.  That, and I need to aim more towards outlining my story so that I can keep a good direction and work towards that. 


My third goal?  Projects.  And more projects.  If there is something I am notorious for, it is starting a project and not finishing it.  Seriously, it's sad.  Or I'll say "Man, I really need to get that done..." but then I never do.  Case in point:  my engagement scrapbook.  We were engaged in July 2009, and let's see...it's now 2011, and we've been married for over three months.  Hummm....I only have a few more pages left before I can start on our wedding book, and it is my goal to get that done.  And then get the wedding pictures ordered and finish that book/album so that I can get rid of the many boxes that are piled up in my den making me look like I have a huge hoarding problem.  Ideally, I'd like to not have to move those suckers into the new house in May.  Maybe set a goal a week or every two weeks to accomplish?  Baby steps might be the key to conquering these projects. 


Those are my big three ones.  Of course, I have some other big ones that I'd like to keep to myself, and in the event that a big change is made in those areas, I will definitely let you know...until then, I'll just keep you, my loyal readers, on the edge of your seats.


So what are your goals this year?  What's motivating you in 2011? 


So how do you participate in Motivation Monday?  For those of you who haven't done this yet (and I sure hope you do!), just write up a post this week stating what is motivating you this week or what you may need motivation with...it doesn't matter!  Link up that post to my blog, using the linky tool below, and if you should so desire, copy and paste the handy-dandy button located to the right of your computer screen.  I would love to see some new participants this year in Motivation Monday and really get this going!  After all, we can all use a little motivation in our lives! 









 
 
 
 



6 comments:

  1. Your 2nd and 3rd goals are things I will be working on this year. Setting aside time for the manuscript (daily would be great) but we'll see how that goes. And a scrapbook for the girls would be great. Here's to 2011!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hum... We are a lot alike, Nain... This really proves that. With one difference: I won't even plan on doing an engagement scrapbook. Baby steps here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oy! I've been trying to link up all day! Finally got it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really excited for you and your book lady! I can't wait to hear more about that!!

    As for me - I think I'm choosing to have no goals this year. To go with the wind, and see where that leads me. So I guess my goal this year, is to just let myself breathe a little...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some great goals! Especially your book! Looking forward to hearing more about that!

    I love this meme. I'll definitely participate next Monday. Lord knows I need motivation, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm sad I missed this linky, but I'll definitely participate this week! I'll do better in the future :-)

    Those are great goals, and I have every confidence that you can accomplish them :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!