Monday, March 26, 2012

Motivation Monday!

Motivation Monday

 
It's another Monday, and you know what that means...another motivation Monday!  I actually momentarily forgot I had restarted this meme, which is sad because that means I would have lost my motivation just one week after starting it back up.  Yikes.  But I remembered...so all is well in the world.  It's super easy to do this...just write up a post about what motivation you need this week (anything at all - so long as it's legal!), link back to this post in yours and then leave a link to it in a comment to this post.  And then I'll link you up!  
 
 
So, I was released last week to start exercising at my post partum OB visit.  I've been itching to do it again because it's one of my stress relievers and I'm one of those sick people who actually enjoys exercise.  So, that next day, while T watched Aubrey for me, I went out and did a 45 minute speed walk around our neighborhood.  And that kicked my butt.  My leg muscles aren't as strong as they were pre-baby...and neither are my back muscles, for that matter.  But it felt good to get out.  And I've tried my best to walk and exercise as much as possible since then.  Of course, being out of town this weekend, I couldn't do that.  And I had every intention of waking up this morning at 5:00 to walk, but somewhere around when I was feeding Aubrey at 4:00 a.m., I changed my mind.  So I need to figure a way around those difficulties because it's much harder to find time and energy to really exercise with a 6 week old baby. 
 
 
However, last week I did get more motivation to get  my butt into gear.  With the conference I attended, I needed to dig out my professional work clothes and see what fit.  Well...pretty much nothing fit.  Despite the fact that I'm pretty much at my pre-pregnancy weight, my body isn't there or didn't get that memo.  Things have....well...how do I put this?  Shifted.  I was so frustrated and sad when I tried on dress after dress and nothing fit.  Of course, yes, I am aware that I just had a baby and I should probably give myself time to get back to normal.  Who knows, maybe in the back of my mind I convinced myself I could be like those women who have babies and walk out in their pre-pregnancy clothes.  (I'm not, by the way...)  But it was a bit of a knock to the ego.  But it did give me even more motivation to really get myself going. 
 
 
So that's my motivation, what's yours?  Can't wait to read all about them! 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. OK at the risk of sounding stupid, how do I put the button/link on my blog? I know how to put a word link but can't find the html for the button, could you help me? Puhleese?


    Lily-Thinking Thoughts

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!