Tuesday, September 17, 2013

What I've been writing....

I have been crazy busy with the writing lately.  I mean, I have a full-time job during the day, I'll write articles during my lunch hour and then at nights.  I think T's going to feel like that I'm slightly obsessed, but I love it.  That, and I have to say, I'm actually bringing some money in - a little bit but enough to have fun.  Because of my Mary Kay debt, we weren't going to get to go to  to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra Christmas concert, something T has done for years.  He's a member of the fan club so we have the ability to pre-order tickets and get floor seats pretty close to the front.  So who is the coolest wife ever?  Um, this girl managed to make enough money to get us 2nd row floor seats.  I think I deserve the best wife ever title for just a little bit.  But really, I want to make it up to him for my putting us in such debt.  The next thing to buy is the leafblower he's wanted since his birthday in July. 
 
 
So I've been busy, and here's a little bit of what I've been writing.  If you want to get updates on these articles, you should follow me on Twitter @viewfromnain or be a friend of mine on Facebook.  This is strictly a writing page, so you won't get annoying posts about other stuff.  But I post my articles there when they are published so just saying....
 
So anyway, this has been what I've written lately on Modvive: 
 
An article on collaborative workspaces, as inspired by T's new work environment - no assigned desks, standing desks, areas of "respite" and treadmill desks...totally am jealous
 
A piece on a parent's right to choose what is in the best interest of their child/children.  This came out of a recent appeals case regarding parents who wanted to forgo a second round of chemo for their daughter for fear that the chemo would kill her.  The hospital filed to be her guardian for medical decisions, and the court denied them saying that the parents were the ones to follow what is in the best interest of their child.
 
Articles on Care.com have been published, and I'm totally stoked about these: 
 
52 Ways to Thank your Nanny
 
8 Tips for Teaching your Children to be Thankful
 
Tips for Picking the Perfect Pumpkin
 
 And lastly, I was contacted by a program called Teens for Going Green regarding a school initiative called The Conscious Kitchen.  I'm pretty proud of this Examiner piece because I got to speak to the two creators of this project, and I think it's a wonderful idea.  Chefs and local food purveyors have teamed up in Marin City, CA, to serve organic and healthy meals to students at an at-risk middle school.  Students have had a say in the menus, and due to donations by these food donations, the cost for breakfast, lunch and snack is only $5.00.  This is the same cost as what was provided by USDA standards previously, which I think we can all admit are pretty sub-par.  So please check this one out and pass it along.  I was the first contact they had for media coverage, and I really would love to see the word be spread and hopefully other schools will be inspired by this 
 
 
So that is what I've been writing!  Like I said, friend me on Facebook and you'll totally stay updated on stories, etc.  And if you ever have any tips you'd love for me to cover, definitely email me.  I'm excited to say, too, that I will be writing pieces for a local magazine in my town.  Oh if only I could live in Ireland and do this all the time....dreams, I tell you, dreams...
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I am SO impressed! I keep saying that I have to monetize my writing in a more efficient way, but I just don't know where to begin. You should write an article on how to write articles!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!