Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Post-wedding recovery

We are back form a full weekend, all three of us absolutely worn down.  Poor Miss Aubrey went to sleep at six this evening (as I write this Monday night).  And it didn't take much for her to go to sleep at all, which is pretty impressive for little miss "talks a lot."  We're back from a family wedding weekend.  My cousin, Leslie, was married, and of course, a huge family party followed.  My family really knows how to have a good time at a wedding, and this one was no different. 
 
I have to say, though, that going to family weddings is a little different now that we have a kiddo.   Keeping Aubrey up way past her bed time was a tough one...we had a melt down but then she rallied, running all over the place like she owned it, dancing in the middle of the dance floor.  This is my kid, of course.  She had a blast dancing with her daddy and playing with cousins.  But by the time we got her to the hotel after 9 p.m., she was out.  The next day, no nap despite my best efforts, so by the time Monday night rolled around, the poor thing was about ready to just pass out.  You know your kid is tired when you say at 5:45 "you want a bath?" and she response with "Bath?" and gets up and walks to the gate, ready to head upstairs. 
 
I love that she has so much fun with her cousins.  They are older than her, the youngest being seven and Aubrey 18 months old, but she loves playing with all the big kids.  And our kid is quite the party animal.  I think we may have our hands full with this one. 
 
Anywho, here's to a short week!  Sorry if this post is one of those more boring ones...I'm writing this at the end of Monday night, about ready to pass out myself.  Here's to a quick, painless week!
 
'
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!