Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Little Miss Talkative

Our little girl is changing by the day.  It's so amazing to watch her discover things and grow.  She's become quite adept at sitting up (assisted still, of course), and she focuses so well on things. This past weekend she became more vocal than she had been before.  She just talks up a storm, too.  I had to tape her on Saturday just so I could capture some of her babbling. 




I wonder what she's talking about.  I'll try to converse with her back.  She'll say something, and I'll respond with "Oh really?  She said that? What did you say?" as if she was gossiping about other daycare kids.  And she's been smiling up a storm, too.  When she smiles, her whole face smiles.  It warms my heart so much.  Once she got the antibiotics in her all day Friday, she was just as happy as a clam, just talking away.  It was so funny that even on Saturday, I woke around 7:30 a.m. to this noise coming from the monitor.  It sounded like her, but it was fainter and definitely wasn't talking.  I peeked in her room, and there she was, just laying in her crib, staring up at her mobile, talking away.  As soon as she saw me, she just got this huge smile on her face.  Now that's something I can wake up to every day!


Would you believe my little girl is now 16 lbs?  She weighed in at 16 lbs 4 oz on Monday when we first went to the doctor, and by the time we got back to the doctor on Friday she had already gained 3 oz.  It's insane!  We're going to start the cereal this weekend, too.  We were going to this past weekend, but with the medicine, I just couldn't chance it on her little tummy. 


She's also starting to push herself up pretty well.  She still hates the tummy time, but when we put her on her stomach the other day, she held herself up for a few seconds and moved her butt up in the air, too.  I'm afraid once she starts crawling, she's going to be off and running.  Perhaps it's time to baby proof the house? 


Like Mother, like daughter...Aubrey likes the Today Show.  We put her on her boppy in our room when we're getting ready for the morning, and lately she has taken to watching the TV when the Today Show is on.  And it's not right in front of her either..she literally turns her head to watch it behind her.  And she watches it so intently.  She must like Matt Lauer, too.

Now that I've babbled on and on about my pride and joy, I'll stop.  But it has been some time since I've given a real Aubrey update.  It's so hard to believe that this Friday she'll be 4 months old.  It's amazing to watch the videos I taped when I was at home on my maternity leave and then watch this one and see how much she's changed in such a short period of time. 


I'm such a lucky Momma, and T and I couldn't be more blessed!


2 comments:

  1. I can't believe she is getting so big! So happy for you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 months? You aren't serious!
    I just got off a friend's blog where granddaughter just turned 2. Like Aubrey, I've followed from the start and I can't believe how fast the time slips by... Hold on tight to these days. Like Darius Rucker sang, "It won't be like this for long..."

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!