Monday, June 11, 2012

Motivation Monday

Motivation Monday 

It's another week, another Motivation Monday...who here is excited?  I'm not going to lie...I just wrote that sentence and then started off at the TV for about 45 minutes.  Is it bad that I'm not even motivated to write a second sentence?  Probably. 


So I need some motivation this week.  Right.  Motivation...hmm....


This past weekend T and I dealt with one sick little girl.  On Thursday, I was up most of the night with a screaming baby.  Aubrey has been sick for a few weeks now with a virus...stuffy nose, congestion, coughing.  I took her to the doctor on Monday but the doctor didn't see anything other than a virus.  Friday morning, around 4:00 a.m. when she still wouldn't stop screaming, I thought maybe something was off.  Just a mother's instinct, I guess.  So T and I took her to the doctor, and the poor little thing had double ear infections on top of the virus.  So T and I spent Friday and Saturday comforting her and doing everything possible to make her happy.  Saturday morning she started smiling more, which made me so happy to see her back to her normal.  Granted, she stll is coughing like a chain smoker, and I absolutely hate to see her have trouble with that, but she is smiling and playing so that's better than Thursday, right? 


Anyway, I swear I have a point.  I always do, you know?  This weekend got me thinking about how lucky I am with my family.  I wanted nothing more in this world than to be with my little girl and T and nurse her back to health.  And this probably sounds weird, but as she get better and better, I almost took a step back in my mind and went "wow, this is just amazing."  I am truly blessed.  I have a beautiful, happy little girl.  When she smiles, she smiles with her entire face.  She loves T and I unconditionally, and you can just see it in her eyes when she looks at us.  And I have T - he is such a loving and sweet husband and father.  I can always depend on him, no matter what, and watching the way he has been with Aubrey, she can depend on him no matter what.  He really is a wonderful man.  And I'm blessed. 



I don't necessarily need  motivation to appreciate my husband and daughter, so I guess that may be the wrong term.  But this is Motivation Monday, after all.  We get so bogged down and busy with daily life, just trying to make it through the day and accomplish everything we need to do, that I know I don't always step back and appreciate the love and blessings I have right before me.  And I need to do that more often.  Because they are the most important people in my life.  My world.  And I need them to know how much I appreciate them every day.  So that's my goal.  To do those small things, those little actions and make sure they always know how I feel.  And to not take them for granted at all. 



Like I said, I don't need "motivation" per se to do this, but it is good to step back and make a point to appreciate it when it's there.  So that's what I plan to do this week.  There's my motivation.  It's a pretty damn good one, right? 




So what's motivating you this week?  Hope you can participate!  Just write up a post about what motivation you need this week and link it up to my post in yours.  Comment on this blog with a link to yours, and I'll link you up!  Easy peasy!


Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!