Monday, September 10, 2012

I can do this!

Motivation Monday


Another Monday come and gone....well, no, another Monday started :-)  Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part that it would be over.  Anyway, so last week I started a medical weight loss program.  It's my hopes I can lose some weight and benefit my heart and blood pressure minus the medication.  Well, no, I'll be on some medication, but I think two pills for my heart is enough at 31 years old, you know?  So I went to see the doctor and then the dietician.  It was all a lot of information, so I'm still trying to process everything, but...


I am supposed to keep a daily log of what I eat.  I absolutely hate doing that, or I have in the past but if this is what I need to do....then so be it, right?  I have to record what I eat and mark down what category of food it is in.  I have a certain number of starches, meats, veggies, milk, fruit, fat that eat every day.  And I need to make sure when I do mark something down that it's within the proper portion size.  So...for the past week, I have been starving. But I am trying my best to record what I eat and to really be aware of what all I do eat.  It's tough, and it involves a lot of measuring out of things and to stop myself when I'm done and not getting more.  Oh and the whole stress eating of chocolate when I'm stressed out...which, let's be honest, is a lot. 


Oh and drinking more water.  I clearly have not done a bunch of that in the past, so I have to make a concerted effort  to do that, too.  And isn't the water supposed to make you feel fuller? 


But, it does suck being constantly hungry.  My hope is maybe my body will be conditioned to eating actual portion sizes.  I mean, that has to happen, right? 


So that's my motivation for the week....to stay motivated and on the right path! 


What's yours?  I'd love to hear them.  If you want to share, include a link to this post on your blog and then copy and paste your link in the comments.  Have a good Monday, everyone!
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about doing the same thing. Now that I am done having babies I have no excuse to keep this weight on. Plus let's face it I feel uncomfortable and that should be motivation enough right?! Good luck!

    Btw yes you will get used to the starving part and won't feel that way. But ugh I hate that starving part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been on this train a long time, hon, and it does get easier to measure everything. It becomes second nature and soon you will know exactly what you are supposed to have. Also, I don't know if your doctor or dietician stressed this, but the less wheat and flour the better. That stuff drives your sugar levels up and then crashes making you feel hungry sooner than you should. Protein, fruit, veggies, and water are a dieter's best friend. Good luck! You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It gets easier! And soon your stomach will adjust and shrink a bit so that you won't be so hungry. Then you'll get fuller sooner. I'm in the same boat of trying to do proper portioning and drink more water, yada yada.... We can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!