Monday, December 3, 2012

Motivation Monday!

Motivation Monday


Good morning, and happy Motivation Monday!  I'm back from the thriving metropolis that is known as Washington, D.C., and I couldn't be happier to be home.  As much as it is exciting to travel for work, I hate having to leave T and Aubrey and miss them like crazy when I'm gone. 


Anyway, so I tried my best to eat as healthy as possible while on the road, and I succeeded for the most part.  My hotel was right next door to a fresh market, so when I got in on Wednesday, I picked up a salad and chili for dinner and bought supplies for breakfast for the next two days.  And I followed my dietitian's advice and had protein bars and carrots for lunch since lunches were on your own, and I didn't feel like juggling the whole eating healthy while eating out thing.  But dinners were the tricky part.  Both Thursday and Friday I went out to eat - the first night with my cousin who lives in D.C., at a restaurant right across from the White House that is famous for its crab cakes.  Of course I had to try them, though I'm sure crab cakes aren't exactly the healthiest food.  They were delicious, however.  The next night I met up with a friend from law school and ate at a Spanish tapas place in Chinatown.  And proceeded to consume a picture of sangria with her.  Oh well :-)


It isn't to say I didn't try.  I did utilize the hotel gym and ran on Thursday morning and did the elliptical on Friday.  So I did do that.  (Go me!)  However, I'm scared to weigh myself after this trip.  Last week I was just three pounds away from my goal weight, and I definitely don't want to deter myself from that. 


Perhaps I'm being too hard on myself.  I mean two meals aren't going to take away months of progress and a huge lifestyle change, right?  Regardless, though, I'm getting back to eating healthy this week and will work hard to exercise as much as I can.  We are getting a recumbent bike on Tuesday so I'll be able to mix it up with my workouts. 


So that's my motivation for the week - what's yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!