Friday, May 3, 2013

Bucket list

Second Blooming
 
It's all about bucket lists this week on the Spin Cycle with Gretchen at Second Blooming.  What things have I always wanted to do?  What things would I like to do before it's my "time?"  I haven't really thought about it, honestly.  I mean, the biggest item on my list was go to Ireland, and we did that, as well as go to the Guinness Storehouse, so I can die happy, right? 
 
 
But I'm sure I can come up with some things...so here are just a few things I would like to do in my time.  (In no particular order, of course):
 
 
Get married to the love of my life (check)
Start a family (check)
Go to Ireland and drink lots of guinness (check)
Write a book (I started this way back when and yeah....it hasn't gone anywhere)
Start my own law practice
Travel across the country (road trip!)
See the Pacific Ocean
Make Thanksgiving dinner for my family
Go sledding.  Seriously, I have never been sledding.
Go on a hot air balloon ride
Meet a U.S. Supreme Court Justice...preferably not one of the following:  Scalia, Alito or Thomas
Go to Hawaii
Go to Spain and meet one of my bloggy friends, Chloe, her husband MJ, and their new baby who is on the way!
On that same note, travel through Europe, including going back to Dublin
Become grandparents (faaaar in the future)
Become ridiculously, independently wealthy
AND completely pay off Sallie Mae so I can get rid of that (insert not nice word) for good
 
 
So while this list might not be glamorous, and I'm sure, given a little more creativity, I could come up with more, I think it's a good start.  And look!  I'm already checking items off!  
 
 
So wish me luck this weekend...I'm going to be the crazy woman getting up at 5:30 a.m. on a Saturday to run 13.1 miles in what is looking like will be a rainy morning.  Keeping my fingers crossed that the rain holds off!  Have a good weekend!
 
 
So what else do people have to share?  Stop by Gretchen at Second Blooming and find out!
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I really like this list because it's totally doable. Put your mind to it, and these can happen. Please let me know when you see the Pacific Ocean!

    You are linked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to balance my list with things I think I might actually do and things that sound fun but slightly out of my comfort zone too.
    Your list sounds doable and still has the fun things on it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The half marathon didn't make the list?? :) Have a great run!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a totally doable list! I see some good checking off fun in your future!

    And I totally hope today goes well! Thinking of you lady!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!